NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
boop
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 2003 2.0 GLS that i bought a few months ago (used, obv). The car does not have a Monsoon amp in the back, nor does the stereo have a Monsoon logo. However, i do have tweeters in the A-pillar, and my manual does say that it has the 'premium' sound system.

What i've taken away from this is that my car probably came with the Monsoon system originally, but then at some point someone (probably the dealer i got it from) removed it all and replaced it by the standard/non-Monsoon stuff.

Does that sound correct?

If so, does this mean that all of the speakers had to be replaced along with the stereo? Or can the non-Monsoon stereo drive the Monsoon speakers with no issues?

That is all mainly curiosity, but more to the point i guess:

I need to replace my speakers because the left-door one was dead when i got it, and the left-rear one is currently dying. How will i need to go about this? Will this be a straight-forward replacement, or does my set-up (if i've understood it correctly) complicate things?

Are there any guides that would help a somewhat-idiot like me do this? My searches so far have turned up tons of tiny bits of things, half-suggestions and a handful of pictures, but nothing comprehensive.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts