NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here. The 2004 NBC door speaker on the driver's side is shot. Starts rattling at medium volume. Someone before me put in a Pioneer head unit, but the speakers are stock (I assumed it was not Monsoon, but I never really checked) I ordered 6 1/2 in replacement speakers from Sonix (who said they would fit) . Took the door panel off and found an 8 inch speaker. So I sent the 6 1/2s back. I started looking for an OEM speaker on ebay, and have been corresponding with a vendor. He says my VIN shows not Monsoon.

So I've got a couple of questions. Is there an 8 inch speaker that's not Monsoon? If I, in fact have a previously Monsoon car, how is the Pioneer head working with it since, I believe, there are different speaker specs for the Monsoon and an aftermarket system. (is that what blew the speaker? did someone reroute around an amp?)

What's my best strategy from here (without spending a boatload of money). My daughter says she's not that worried about it, but I'd like to make it right for at least the times I drive her car).

·
Registered
13,412 Posts
I don't know, what your sound system goals are but for speaker and head unit, fitment info, Crutchfield's "what fits your car" guide, is great.

If the info doesn't seem accurate or you can't figure things out; I am sure, a local car stereo shop, could help you, install whatever upgrades you need.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts