VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all.
i had to install a new battery in my 07 new beetle last week and now the radio is in safe mode.anybody know the procedure to unlock this radio? it played fine untill i had a new battery put in.
thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
You'll need the radio code because I'm pretty sure the radio is not the original as the monsoon radios were not coming as standard in 2007.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
monsoon

dont know about standard radio in 2007 but it shows a picture of my radio in the owners manual. the manual did say something about when the battery was changed or went dead, you would have to take it to the dealer and have everything reset. there should be a way to reset it myself.
thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
There is a way to do it yourself with the radio code. It is supposed to be on a sticker in the owners manual. The dealer will need the radio serial number and the cars vin to pull the code. Some want to charge you to get the code because they have to pull the radio to get the serial number. Somewhere in the owners manual it says the dealer will give you the number free of charge.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I have seen it vary, but also sometimes people can freak out and start pushing buttons or may not have driven the car and let time work for them.

So this is why I said a day or 2 because someone may have not driven the car far, if at all.

I also think the engine needs to be running so the radio will see the ECU rather than the radio being turned on when the engine is not running, but I do not know this to be 100% the case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts