VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend wanting me to upgrade his factory speakers without replacing the factory beetle tape deck (yep, dude is super retro and does no want to give up the deck). What he does want is better sound. From what I understand, these decks are configured and crossed over to deliver crossed over frequencies directly to the front door speakers and pillar tweeters (not sure about the rear speakers). So what I am wondering is... would it be possible to install a factory Monsoon system (Monsoon deck, amp, speakers, etc) in this 2000 Beetle? If not... what would be the best way to upgrade the speakers? Does anyone know the ohm rating sensitivity of the factory speakers? Thanks.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm going by a Golf/Jetta, but I would assume a Beetle is the same. The short answer your question is yes. However, it will require a complete Monsoon wiring harness, which is quite extensive. Basically you need a complete Monsoon harness from another car and will need to install in this car. It is not something I recommend. The wires go everywhere and I don't think is worth it. I would upgrade what you have and forget about the Monsoon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts