NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just had to share this news with y'all. we have a program at work called WOW (witness outstanding work). employees can give other employees WOWs when they see that someone is going above and beyond and doing a great job. more or less, it's an internal morale-boosting program that has been very successful since its implementation.

anywho...i've gotten a few WOWs and given a few WOWs in my two-year stint at my company. each month, every person who got a WOW gets a chance to win a $25 gift card to wherever they like from a random drawing that is done. i think i won the monthly drawing earlier this year. AND, at the end of the year, all entries (people who have received a WOW for the year) are put into a drawing for a $100 giftcard. well, long story short, i won for the month of december AND the yearly! so i got $125 to spend whever i'd like.

i got me some monster mats from patrick accessories (they had them for $75) and i have about $35 left over which i think i am going to put towards some custom reeboks. :)

so, all this leads up to my question: do those of you who have monster mats use them year-round or just in the winter months? i had planned on using mine all year, but i didn't know...:confused:

your thoughts would be appreciated. thanks! :D

Attachments

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
YAY!! You got em!! COngrats! I use mine all year round. CUz in the winter ya got the snow and in the summer and spring you have the rain which brings the mud! :(
So keep em in I say! :goodjob:

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CyberGreenBaby said:
YAY!! You got em!! COngrats! I use mine all year round. CUz in the winter ya got the snow and in the summer and spring you have the rain which brings the mud! :(
So keep em in I say! :goodjob:
this is what i was thinking. and in the fall, you have leaves...in the summer you have, er, stuff. :D i can't wait to get them. i think my BF thought i was nuts when i decided to use my WOW money for these. he just don't understand. :rolleyes:

i think they are way to expensive, but hey, when you're given money... it's a little different.

·
18,312 Posts
callisto9 said:
this is what i was thinking. and in the fall, you have leaves...in the summer you have, er, stuff. :D i can't wait to get them. i think my BF thought i was nuts when i decided to use my WOW money for these. he just don't understand. :rolleyes:

i think they are way to expensive, but hey, when you're given money... it's a little different.
This is true! Also..they will last forever!! Theyr pretty much worth the money I think. I wish my monster mats were made for an NB and not a jetta. I asked the dealer for different ones and they said they buy them in bulk for all the used cars. I guess Im lucky i have them at all. I like the way they look too. I think the ones with the blue and white VW logo are hard to come by now.

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you're lucky you got them for free! i can't wait to get them. i did plan on using them all year 'round. i'll have to post some pics after i have them in. :goodjob:

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bugsy98nb said:
exactly! :D:D:D

oh, i just thought of something: do these mats go OVER the carpet mats, or do they REPLACE the carpet mats?

·
18,312 Posts
callisto9 said:
exactly! :D:D:D

oh, i just thought of something: do these mats go OVER the carpet mats, or do they REPLACE the carpet mats?
Either i think. But whats the point of keepin the carpets in? I would take em out
:D

·
Banned
3,877 Posts
So those are the famed monster mats I have been hearing so much about, they look extremely functional and even come with the bug insignia. now I know what all the hype is about. I give them:bigthumb: :bigthumb: up.

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,403 Posts
i bought mine to replace the stock mats...

my big feet wore through the stock mats in less than a year :wink:

i keep em in year round, and they still look brand new after 4 years. :bigthumb:

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i am getting more and more excited now! who knew - excited about floor mats! i'll be posting pics when i have them in. or maybe i'll wear them to work! ;)

·
18,312 Posts
callisto9 said:
i am getting more and more excited now! who knew - excited about floor mats! i'll be posting pics when i have them in. or maybe i'll wear them to work! ;)
OOOH WEAR EM! There are so many ways to accessorize monster mats! wooo! :crazy:

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Monster Mats!!!!!!!

With all the issues I had last year dealing with the top, and window drop........my dealership GAVE THEM to me! They are Awesome!........:D

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
This was the first thing we did for the NBC. Absolutely worth the cost. They will say in year round. I wish I had them in my S, but the regular mats are holding up.

Congrats, Callisto! :clap:

And, Seemkay, getting them free ~almost~ makes up for the headaches you endured, right? ;)

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
deeceedub said:
WOW! ;)

Congratulations, both on the monster mats and on the pat-on-the-back from work! That would make me feel great!:)
thank you! it does feel nice! i am glad to hear so much positive feedback about them. i can't wait to put them in. we haven't had much snow here yet, but i sense more is on the way.

amy: i just might have to get a belt and make a skirt out of them. :D

john: as always, thanks for the nice words.

dnyed: thank you!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts