NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is basically,

Who is modding what? :confused:

Do we keep what we had, change, add...? I'd probably be okay with keeping what I had on OldOrg...

-Des

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
I think we should keep them roughly the same for the tim being, but if people have special requests (like Steph does), then that's fine. But I'd like to keep them more or less the same -- one change at a time is plenty.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
I really want to give everyone more control over more area... but yeah, for the time being I'll play nice & hook us up w/how we're set up at org v.2

noR

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
noR said:
I really want to give everyone more control over more area... but yeah, for the time being I'll play nice & hook us up w/how we're set up at org v.2

noR
I too think that we should be allowing for more control over more area's, one of the biggest clusterfudges of moderating on the old nb.org was the lack of control.

An issue would be found in a forum, and then sit in the hideout waiting for a moderator to sign in who can change it. With more mods having a larger area of influence we could get on these problem threads ASAP without having them sit there and wait gathering more flame wars and more personal attacks.

I also think that a mod changeup should go hand in hand with the roll out of the new forums.

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
CrazyJames said:
I too think that we should be allowing for more control over more area's, one of the biggest clusterfudges of moderating on the old nb.org was the lack of control.

An issue would be found in a forum, and then sit in the hideout waiting for a moderator to sign in who can change it. With more mods having a larger area of influence we could get on these problem threads ASAP without having them sit there and wait gathering more flame wars and more personal attacks.

I also think that a mod changeup should go hand in hand with the roll out of the new forums.
I agree that more people should have more control. As for a mod changeup going with the new forums -- we could do that, but I think it would delay the forum rollout a bit. We'd need to pick people, get them in here, familiarize them with moderating on this new system, and then roll out.

What does everyone think?

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
I'd like to see it done radically. Alot of changes all at once.

I have faith this will work out, especially w/the right people.

Moderators, I think we've got that for the most part worked out... but I'm not sure, I kinda stopped discussing it.

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
I am happy at new member, and I'd like to handle the classifieds, too. Can I, can I, huh huh?

I will back up anywhere else, too.

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
jcroft said:
We'd need to pick people, get them in here, familiarize them with moderating on this new system, and then roll out.

What does everyone think?
I think this is good idea. Get Steinola in as mod of the NBC, and car audio forums!

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Moderators are setup now close to the original. I took a couple liberties spreading some areas, and such. Nothing drastic.

Which reminds me I think we've still got to for sure lock down the forum break-down; save the discussion for another thread.

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
noR said:
Moderators are setup now close to the original. I took a couple liberties spreading some areas, and such. Nothing drastic.

Which reminds me I think we've still got to for sure lock down the forum break-down; save the discussion for another thread.
Thanks, looks good.

I guess if you guys have agreed on some people that are appropriate to add, let's get 'em in here. Ron/James -- do you guys want to contact the chosen ones and invite them along?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts