NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks Smileybug!
Went to autozone to scan the codes for a recent 'CHECK ENGINE' light. Well, the friendly guy plugged in and found no codes to report. When I restarted, the engine lite was "gone"? Car runs great, pulling 29/30mpg. Very curious...
I am still new to the new beetle but did run a 91 jetta for 15yrs and 200k miles. I don't remember it having an air blower venting into the air-box. What does the air blower really do?!?

2001 2.0 5spd

·
Registered
85 Posts
the secondary 02 pump isnt venting into the air box...it is sucking filtered air from the air box....it injects the air into the exhaust for the first little while the car is started to burn off residual fuel vapors in the exhaust on start up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Droid...
I believe it came disconnected from the airbox when Jiffy lube last changed oil. With it disconnected, is there any impact on vacuum??? the 2.0 is pinging horribly on reg gas. Wondering if there is a connection...

·
Registered
91 Posts
no, that doesnt affect vacuum. with the hose unplugged its still doing its job, just not sucking filtered air like it would be connected to the airbox.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts