NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey:)

This is not a slight against our org moderators or admins., nor is this post intended to be as such. Every one of our mods and admins. do an outstanding job and have made newbeetle.org a continued success since it's inception courtesy of it's founder, J.Croft.

I am appreciative of our new owners, AutoGuide.com keeping the org alive, BUT we need more interaction from the main Admin in charge of the org.

We do notice blurbs from the main admin, i.e. posting AutoGuide news, VW News and ride of the month contest info, yet we don't hear much from them when requests are submitted. Heck, the homepage still has a link for the 2009 new beetle. I dunno.... shouldn't there be a revised heading for the 2012 beetle?

By no means am I trying to belittle the owners of AutoGuide. I love newbeetle.org and the resource it gives as well as the friendships forged; AutoGuide has continued this forum and they are to be commended. I submit this suggestion in hope that this site will be all that it can be.

I feel that our Mods and Admins are more than capable of handling the job of keeping the org up to date, fresh and maintain dialogue between the orgers and main Admin. Maybe this is a job our Admins and mods don't want to take on. Whatever the case, May I suggest that we have some kind of admin. liaison, that can interact with the AutoGuide Admins., so our site can continue to improve and function at it's best.

We, the orgers are members who care about our site; and in our caring, hope that our voices are being heard, as well as reciprocal responses from those we voice our cares and concerns to.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Hey:)

This is not a slight against our org moderators or admins., nor is this post intended to be as such. Every one of our mods and admins. do an outstanding job and have made newbeetle.org a continued success since it's inception courtesy of it's founder, J.Croft.

I am appreciative of our new owners, AutoGuide.com keeping the org alive, BUT we need more interaction from the main Admin in charge of the org.

We do notice blurbs from the main admin, i.e. posting AutoGuide news, VW News and ride of the month contest info, yet we don't hear much from them when requests are submitted. Heck, the homepage still has a link for the 2009 new beetle. I dunno.... shouldn't there be a revised heading for the 2012 beetle?

By no means am I trying to belittle the owners of AutoGuide. I love newbeetle.org and the resource it gives as well as the friendships forged; AutoGuide has continued this forum and they are to be commended. I submit this suggestion in hope that this site will be all that it can be.

I feel that our Mods and Admins are more than capable of handling the job of keeping the org up to date, fresh and maintain dialogue between the orgers and main Admin. Maybe this is a job our Admins and mods don't want to take on. Whatever the case, May I suggest that we have some kind of admin. liaison, that can interact with the AutoGuide Admins., so our site can continue to improve and function at it's best.

We, the orgers are members who care about our site; and in our caring, hope that our voices are being heard, as well as reciprocal responses from those we voice our cares and concerns to.

Thanks for your time and consideration.
:)Good post Al!! Well Said!!!!!

Thanks for posting,

JonK

·
5/23/10 <3
10,963 Posts
Well said Al. I think a lot of us were thinking the same...I know I was. We really need more involvement from the owners!

·
Administrator
734 Posts
Hi Al, thank you for your post :). I totally understand where you are coming from and respect your opinion. I honestly try to be on the site every day and respond to any PM's and requests that are sent my way. I really do care about this great community and want to keep it growing and moving forward.

What changes did you guys want to see exactly on the homepage? Also, any site issues that I am not aware of, please feel free to let me know and I'll take care of it asap. :)

Thanks everyone!

·
Super Moderator
20,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well said Al. I think a lot of us were thinking the same...I know I was. We really need more involvement from the owners!
Thanks. Hearing a reply from such a seasoned orger as yourself, means a lot- i'm glad that i'm not alone with my sentiments.

And the same thanks and sentiment goes to you too Jonk:wave2:

·
Super Moderator
20,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Al, thank you for your post :). I totally understand where you are coming from and respect your opinion. I honestly try to be on the site every day and respond to any PM's and requests that are sent my way. I really do care about this great community and want to keep it growing and moving forward.

What changes did you guys want to see exactly on the homepage? Also, any site issues that I am not aware of, please feel free to let me know and I'll take care of it asap. :)

Thanks everyone!
Thank you so much for your reply- it's greatly appreciated.

My concern was just getting a reply on some PM's I sent. I know you all are busy and the org isn't the only item on the AutoGuide menu... guess mine got lost in the cracks- no worries; things happen and it's all good.

We're a very interactive bunch here and I guess we've got spoiled with our founding admin, with fairly prompt responses. We just want to hear back from you all; this in return assures us that any concerns will be addressed and not give us a sense of us pounding on the door with no reply.

We're also very passionate about all things beetle... almost to the point of insanity:lol: Anyhoo, one of our latest passions is the arrival of the 2012 beetle. Your postings of all the 2012 beetle news is awesome, and greatly appreciated. I can't speak for everyone, but I think it would be great if we could incorporate the 2012 beetle into the community. Unofficially, we've already done so, but it would be great to officially see the 12B incorporated into the site, i.e. a subheading in the forum section for the 2012 beetle. As previously stated, we love the beetle, and welcome it into the fold.

Being that this community is all things beetle, it might not be necessary to have a separate section for the 2012 beetle, however i fell that it is deserving. Seeing that the 2012 is a totally different model, I thought it deserves it's own photo section, and even tech (problems/concerns) section. This way, the 12B won't get lost in the shuffle of new beetle articles, and posts; plus it would give the 12B owner it's place of being and purpose in the community.

I'm just one org member out of many- no one special. I just love my beetle, and the folks who drive them and share the same passion that I do. And in your further development and nurturing of our community, I only desire to see the best for it, including giving the 2012 beetle it's due and a proper place in our community.

Thanks so much for all that you all do for us. Thanks for keeping our community the best (okay i'm biased:D) community in cyberspace, and your endeavor to keep the org thriving for a very long time. Your work is not taken for granted and is greatly appreciated:).

-Al

·
5/23/10 <3
10,963 Posts
If you can do anything to help keep spammers at bay, that would be really great. I'm a part of a lot of forums and this site has by far the most spammers of any of them. Just reported another...

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I'm on several forums and I have absolutely no complaints about spammers, on this one. I have seen far worse, and where they go undeleted and blocked because of poor moderation. Technically I would think it impossible to block them (the first time, as I know you can block an IP address once you have it). The Mods, Deb in particular, do an excellent job of deleting them once reported, or when she sees them. Just a simple reporting is all it takes and I'm sorry, but the occasional one is just not a big deal.

My only real complaint of late is the server connection being dropped on more than one occasion in the last few weeks, and I know from communication with others when it has occured that it was not at our end, with our computers or ISPs, I don't know if it is a Server problem, or the Org's ISP. Seems to only happen when I have spent considerable time preparing a post, and then when I click save, all is lost. I've taken to click/copy my posts before clicking save.

Btw, Thanks Al, well said as always! I can only echo your sentiments.

M.

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
I just came across this thread and I too value this site tremendously. Its members, our :crazy: NewBeetle community, make this site what it is. A joy to visit and extremely helpful. :thup: I for one have saved a ton of money by visiting this site and getting help from many of the helpful members. :cool:

I too agree that there should be a 2012 section. We have accepted it into our community and rightfully so. :flipper:

As for the spammers, I do see some, but like M said, I don't think it is excessive and they get taken care of swiftly. :goodjob:

On a final note, I just want to say that I have visited other car forums to look for advice on repairs, and not a single one can compare to this site. :bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb: There is a lot of interaction between members and lifetime friendships are made on this site. :) Every new member is welcomed with open arms and is usually here for help and recieve it from all directions. That is why our community is so strong. :thup:

Joel :D

·
Super Moderator
20,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Joel, you da man mang:cool: awesome and well said comments... amen brother!

Oh yeah, the spam:rant2:

As of late, as Joel and M said, it hasn't been that bad. But there are days where we're in a full-on attack from the United Republic of Spamolia. True enough the mods and admins do a stellar job of squashing the culprits... it's just annoying at times is all. In a perfect world, we'd be rid of these miscreants:shoot:

BTW, we are some GtG'ing fools around here. We'd love to have a rep from AutoGuide come and join us. Tail Of The Dragon is in May and Roswell is in June 2013... enter if you dare:crazy:

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
BTW really have enjoyed the Autoguide iPhone app so far. Loads fast and has allowed me to start posting again.

With my family and work schedule, it's the 2 minutes here and there that I may have on my iPhone that let's me stay connected to my peeps!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Administrator
734 Posts
BTW really have enjoyed the Autoguide iPhone app so far. Loads fast and has allowed me to start posting again.

With my family and work schedule, it's the 2 minutes here and there that I may have on my iPhone that let's me stay connected to my peeps!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Really glad to hear ! :)

Thank you for all the kinds words about this community, and it honestly you guys, the members, that make it so great. I am in currently in talks with Al, will keep you posted about the small updates and changes that's being made :).

Cheers

1 - 18 of 18 Posts