NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Seems like a common complaint I see in regards to the 2012 Beetle is that the suspension is soft.

This is good for about town driving I suppose, which is likely most of their target market for the car.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Seems like a common complaint I see in regards to the 2012 Beetle is that the suspension is soft.

This is good for about town driving I suppose, which is likely most of their target market for the car.
Well, I think this is true of most cars these days. They are built for ride comfort rather than the track. Still not a bad review. Put some stiffer springs on that puppy and a Stage 1 Tune and watch that Baby fly. ;) Best part no more Timing Belt! Halleluja!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ride

Mine has the Sport Suspension, stiffer than normal, handles great.

KNEWBUG

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Here is a guy that didn't age too badly in the last 14 years. :p And hey he seemed to like the Beetle and ordered one of the first Turbo Beetle's that came off the line.

I bet he has as many cars as Leno. ;) Well, maybe not. He doesn't have the space to store them. :D

Top Gear - VW New Beetle - YouTube

·
Momentai!!!
1,092 Posts
My suspension isn't that soft. It's forgiving. But it feels a lot like my GTI did when it was stock! Handles great

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Mambo King
258 Posts
When I see reviews by auto sites, it makes me wonder why don't hey do these reviews in real life scenarios...no everyone drives like they stole their car or on a track where they need to do 0 to 100 in certain amount of time...but I guess it is what it is...funny thinng is they reviewed the 2010 FJ that I currently drive and they used the mountains in Colorado.. wonder why...lmao..because it's not a car? so why wouldn't they drive the Beetle in a city or highway..I think they did on another site but it was in England backroads and the freeway...can't seem to locate the site , probably in YouTube..just saying

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, I think this is true of most cars these days. They are built for ride comfort rather than the track. Still not a bad business reviews. Put some stiffer springs on that puppy and a Stage 1 Tune and watch that Baby fly. ;) Best part no more Timing Belt! Halleluja!
Review is good but I am looking for some strong car which could handle rough tracks. I have plans of visiting mountain areas. Still looking for good vehicle

·
Registered
13 Posts
I also have the 2012 Turbo....the ride in mine is quite responsive with its factory sport suspension. I also have the APR Stage 1 tune done to it adding 55 hp and about 30 lb/ft of torque....all I can say is that it is quite fun and quick to drive...:cool:

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
I've got a 2013 turbo 6 speed. Although I have put H&R lowering springs on it, I thought it rode VERY nice when I first got it. (just needed to be LOWER).

I've got an APR stage 2+ tune on minewith a CTS K04 turbo and subsequent APR tune, and it's REALLY REALLY fun to drive. :>)

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
I don't quite understand your post.

You need to put down more information. Quite vague, sorry.

On a different note.
I installed all new struts/shocks on my 2013 turbo beetle, to go along with the H&$ super sport lowering springs.
That and a thicker 23mm rear sway bar, along with hardcore links both front and rear.
Needless to say, the car handles/drives/rides like a dream.
Better then when I first got it. (aka, stock).

Still waiting to uprgrade the front sway bar. next paycheck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts