NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
New Beetle Noob
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some wheels with snow tires off craigslist for my girlfriend's 2001 2.0 Beetle. They're the stock size, and seem to be close to the stock offset; they might stick out just a little further than stock. Based on Google Image searches, I think they're Mille Miglia Spyder Pluses or Spyder Sports. They came off an Audi TT.

Anyway, I mounted one, and it seemed fine; it was flat against the hub and I couldn't sense any freeplay in any dimension. I was wondering, though: Does anyone know if they need a hub centering ring, or different lug bolts than stock? I called Tire Rack, knowing that they used to carry Mille Miglia, but they said they no longer have any information about that brand.

--
Thanks!
Rich

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
When I ordered my wheels (different than yours), the hubcentric rings were on back order. I installed the wheels and I noted that there was some play between the hub & wheel opening. They sat flush against the rotor, and the domed lug nuts helped center them, but I had a tiny bit of vibration at around 60mph. After the rings came in & I installed them there was no longer any play between the hub & wheel opening and the vibration went away. The sizes vary depending on what wheel you have. Hopefully someone on here has those same ones and can tell you what size you need to order.

·
New Beetle Noob
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Omaha! I'll have to bring down my calipers and measure the hub OD and wheel ID.

No one thinks this will need lug bolts with a different head angle?

·
New Beetle Noob
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Grumble. I can't fit my calipers inside the rim. I should've seen that coming. Where the heck are our rulers?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts