NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

After doing lots of research here on my oil light problem, I pulled off the engine and sound cover on our 2005 Beetle with the 1.9L TDI, to find three wires eaten. One is diffidently the oil pressure wire, but there are two others. I doubt that the one wire from the oil pressure switch connects to both wires so I am asking for someone to please take a picture of that area between the wire loom and the oil filter. I will appreciate any picture you provide, as I am lost where the oil pressure switch connects, and what the other could be. I would love a picture to be posted or e-mailed (or both) to me. bryan dot loveless at gmail dot com. Also, does anyone have a wiring schematic with wire colors? I could probably figure it out from that too. I will be very grateful!

Thanks!
--bryan

·
Probably MIA
2,800 Posts
How about you show us a pic of the chewed wires? Would make things easier.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Here are a couple pics from my Jetta which has the same BEW engine your Beetle has. Not the greatest since I was out there in the dark, but hopefully it gives you an idea. If not, let me know and I'll see what I can trace out for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts