VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
How To Make A Beetle Baby
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We did it! On Saturday Aug 26 we purchased a 2006 Shadow Blue New Beetle from Herb Easley Motors in Wichita Falls, Texas. 31 miles on her at pickup. Quick and pain-free transaction 9am-11am. My wife Lisa drove it home and I followed. My smile was beaming so bright I think I caused four accidents by blinding the oncoming traffic. Already ordered her birth certificate from VWofA (800-822-8987) and already looking around for mods stuff and better floor mats etc etc...

Here are her first 7 pics. The last pic is the reason her name is Blue Lena. Blue Lena is the name of Keith Richard's 1967 Bentley he named after jazz singer Lena Horne (yes he still has it.) My wife and I met through the Stones online fanclub so anything Stones is up our alley...

·
That Crazy Belgian Guy
2,816 Posts
Wauw, nice car !

Like the colour!

Many safe miles, and have lots of fun :D

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
If I post fast-- I may be the first to say "Congratulations-- Now wasn't that worth the wait?!?"

Lena's beautiful. And, you let your honey drive her home. Good move :hugkiss:

May you have many many blissful miles!:D

Edit-- that Belgian beat me to it! Smooth move Tommy! :)

·
That Crazy Belgian Guy
2,816 Posts
deeceedub said:
If I post fast-- I may be the first to say "Congratulations-- Now wasn't that worth the wait?!?"

Edit-- that Belgian beat me to it! Smooth move Tommy! :)
Never underestimate a Belgian guy :p :D :cool:

·
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
deeceedub said:

Lena's beautiful. And, you let your honey drive her home. Good move :hugkiss:

May you have many many blissful miles!
thank ya, and I see you got a new one coming soon too in Dec

·
Super Moderator
14,820 Posts
Finally! Congratulations! :party:

I love Shadow Blue. So Beautiful! :clap:

·
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dnyed said:
Finally! Congratulations! :party:

I love Shadow Blue. So Beautiful! :clap:
Ha, yeah, it was touch and go there for awhile. My other choices started to drop off (being sold on me) so it was the blue or wait for an 07. The dealership just put a Salsa out on the lot when we got there (the credit was not approved so they put it back out) so we would have ended up with one anyway... Now I am no longer a Wanna-Beetle!

·
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kdbug said:
Woohooo!!:D Congrats on the NB.:goodjob: :banana: :dance2: Great color combo! hahaha
:dance2:
Hee! I knew you'd be excited. I started working on this one a week ago today and we got her! I gambled and put a deposit down on her Thursday night. This was our only shot on one around here, but turns out they also had Salsa on the lot...

·
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bluebee said:
Congrats!! :thewave:

I love the color! :)
I just checked yours out too, nice! I hear they are bringing that lighter blue back for 07 too

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
CONGRATS!! :bestwish: What are you doing on here right now? You should be out driving her!! :p

·
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
CyberGreenBaby said:
CONGRATS!! :bestwish: What are you doing on here right now? You should be out driving her!! :p
I only get her on weekends... Mrs Moviequill has the #1 key set haha

·
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Grover said:
Hey- Nice color choice....We should caravan some day since we are pretty close....
Yeah that would be cool. I know there is another member from here too, he is arranging a run in Sept I think

·
CC + JB = TRUE LOVE
10,280 Posts
Beautiful!!!!!! I'm so happy for you both! And look :eyecrazy:, Lisa is wearing blue! She matches! How cute is that?!!!! ;) :p

Psssttt, since we waited sooooo long, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a mass quantity of pics now? Hint, hint....:D

·
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
JuggBug said:
Beautiful!!!!!! I'm so happy for you both! And look :eyecrazy:, Lisa is wearing blue! She matches! How cute is that?!!!! ;) :p

Psssttt, since we waited sooooo long, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a mass quantity of pics now? Hint, hint....:D
Oh yeah, that is a totally reasonable request. I love when you cats post pics so I will always take my new pocketsize Sony cam with us whenever we go somewhere

·
Super Moderator
14,820 Posts
Grover said:
We should caravan some day..
;) When you are driving New Beetles, it now carabug........ :D

And, there is nothing more fun than a good carabug! :clap:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts