NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
squirreljuice
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, so I found out the hard way that the remote turn on for the monsoon amp only supplies 6 volts, and the new amp needs twelve. So, I took the 12v power jack in the back, ran that power line to the front, installed a two way switch, and then ran that back to the amp. I am proud to say that the amp now turn on. BUT!!! Now the only thing that comes out of my sub is engine noise :( Anyone have any idea what I need to do to fix this? I have a Sound Storm Lab 1000w MOSFET 2 channel amp that I am running off of the high level inputs from my rear speakers. I've checked all the electrical, and everything is properly grounded, and power is getting where it is supposed to be.

Oh, and my friend and I tried my amp out in his car a short while before it went in mine and it worked perfectly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Your amp noise is coming from a bad ground. If your amp is pulling a significant amount of juice and your ground location isn't directly on the frame with a proper gauge wire, it's going to catch RFI from the engine.

If it is grounded well and properly, try taking a pair of jumper cables, connecting one end to the engine and the other to a spot on the frame, giving the engine an increased ground path.

·
squirreljuice
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I got it working off of the RCA jacks, but the speaker high level in port still wont work. I'm gonna pull the head unit next and try to tap in there. Everything was properly grounded though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
6 volt is crap... What i would do is wire in a relay with a 12 volt source. The 6 volt would be enough to engage the relay and send a constant 12 volt to the amp.

·
squirreljuice
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah but my bug (and i don't know if this is true of all of them or not) does not have a timer on any of the 12v sources in my car. So my amp would be producing a constant drain on my battery. So my switch is working perfectly and the noise was coming from there, so I got a filter on that line and the noise went away. It works very well the way I have it and this way I can still turn it off if I don't want the loud thump like say if I had a headache.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Or everyone else's headache, you know, like ppl in other cars! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Not cute, funny, or cool!

So I'm curious, what makes you think you have the right to impose your "noise" on the rest of us, wake up or children, traumatize our animals, set off our alarms, break our laws, disturb our right to exist in comfort. Entitlement?

I think not! It's not cute or cool, it's pathetic. But when you grow up, you might figure that out. You are a danger to not just yourself but the rest of society. I can only wish people like you future deafness (inevitable) and a large handful of tickets and fines. Sorry if that offends, but you offend us, you and your racket. And to what end?

Probably think those aftermarket HIDs in every body's face are cool to!

M.

·
Momentai!!!
1,092 Posts
I like my loud music, Bi-Xeon lights and so on. No reason to give such a hard time over a sub question :D. And most places don't have a noise ordnance law in effect till 11. It's just what we like in our cars. As we grow and change more then likely our cars will also.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
With no consideration for others, huh! Sounds selfish and with a great sense of false entitlement. I think it has little to do with liking your music, and more about imposing it on others. And drawing attention to yourself. Funny how the volume always gets turned down when there's a cop around. Legally, it's called "disturbing the peace", and has nothing to do with the time of day. Dangers, aside! But then that would be the absolute last thought, because the whole concept is thoughtless.

M.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I agree with M. Those things have no social redeeming value. They don't make you any sexier, any richier, and they certainly don't make you any smarter. You know the U.S. goverment use this sort of thing to make the bad guys talk ,and the left call it torture. This is the only time I have agreed with them. Maybe it is a testosterone definciancy, or a cry for help. I haven't seen a 12step program for passive agressive subwoofer users, but if I do, I will post it:D

·
Momentai!!!
1,092 Posts
With no consideration for others, huh! Sounds selfish and with a great sense of false entitlement. I think it has little to do with liking your music, and more about imposing it on others. And drawing attention to yourself. Funny how the volume always gets turned down when there's a cop around. Legally, it's called "disturbing the peace", and has nothing to do with the time of day. Dangers, aside! But then that would be the absolute last thought, because the whole concept is thoughtless.

M.
Ummm... No:confused:. I always consider others. I'm not thoughtless or disregard others. I wasn't raised like that. I don't have a sub so my music isn't shaking things or whatever but I still usually have it loud, and I don't turn it down for police. I'm not trying to impose anything on any body. Nor am I in any need to draw attention to myself. I'm not causing any more danger then what I already put myself in everyday. There is several different ways self-entitlement can be taken. I believe the generation before mine was wildly outlandish and was full of self-entitlement itself.

I really didn't wanna be like this at all but I felt like an unfair stigma was portrayed for no real reason.

Stlbug, I hope that you got everything figured out and Mr. Bug is doing much better now! :D After all that is what this thread was started for. I apologize for the slight thread jack :D!

·
squirreljuice
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just because you guys are not audiophiles like myself doesn't give you the right to trash my choice. I turn it off in neighborhoods because I know people don't like it. I love having lots of bass in my audio systems, and I don't do it to impress anyone. There is no noise law until 11 here, and I usually have it off well before that. I'm never looking to draw attention to myself, I just have to have my car audio sound right to me. And lets face it, anyone who has ridden in a bug knows that they have no bass response, even with the monsoon system. I like kick and thats that.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have to agree. People have the right to choose what they like and we on this org shouldn't judge them for their choices. There are a lot worse things in life to judge for then stereo and headlight choices.

Olivia

1 - 14 of 14 Posts