NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you upload multiple attachments, it seems it displays them all as a link instead of just displaying the pictures.

Can that be changed? If not, I think I like it better if we limit it back down to 1 per post. I'd rather see the pictures in the thread than have to click on every single photo.

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
It is completely modifiable.

It will come down to a decision I guess, how many photos do you want people to be able to put into a post...

Right now anything more then 1 will show up as attachments...

·
Super Moderator
14,774 Posts
Multiple pics? Is this what you mean? I would love to be able to do that! Perhaps up to three?

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CrazyJames said:
It is completely modifiable.

It will come down to a decision I guess, how many photos do you want people to be able to put into a post...
How many do you think we should make it? The way I see it, having one per post hasn't stopped people from posting 100 pictures. They just post them one at a time (it's just a pain). So, I see no problem with allowing a large number.

I think we used to be able to post 25 pictures in one post when you link them in, should we do the same number for this?

Of course, there's always the possibility that if you open this up, then people who may have been annoyed with the 1 per post before, will no longer host pictures elsewhere, and will abuse it.

Maybe make it 5 or 10 per post?

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
I like 25. That just seems like a bunch and the right number.

I still fail to see the problem w/people uploading alot of photos. If there's space and bandwidth, then eh.

There's some new tracking tools on the admin side of this. If someone starts linking an attachment from another site, we'll be able to find out really easy. If it gets out of hand we can aways cut it down or ...

But if we can make it easier for people to share photos of their cars, I think we should.

noR

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Back to this discussion . . .

I realize we aren't "too" concerned with file space or bandwidth or anything. However, I, and many others, have just always made it a practice to host our files elsewhere and link them into the .org. I for one, have gone through many ISP changes or ISP name changes, and have made a point to copy all files to the new ASP, and change all old threads to point to the new. Yes, it's a pain, but I've done it anyway.

Sure, there's the possibility that others won't do that. However, there's also the possibility that we could have a crash someday, like we had in the past, where we lost ALL pictures that had been uploaded to the .org. So really, we could lose files either way.

With that in mind, do we want to start suggesting to people to ONLY upload files to the .org, instead of linking?

Only asking, cause when I posted my pics here yesterday, noR and I had a discussion (In my picture thread, no less) about that very subject.

I'll probably delete the thread and recreate it, as that's not what a picture thread should be about. But anyway, just want to see where we stand. Only upload? Let people do what they want?

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
I'll simply reaffirm my stance.

Upload upload upload!

Also... Hey Jeff, are we going to backup EVERYTHING this time, so we don't lose imgs like last time? (I dunno if that's what happened, I'm just sayin'...)

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Mayhaps I should say 'uploads are encouraged'; I dunno about 'only upload'...

Yes, of course we'd run into a space constraint eventually. When/if that ever happens we could buy another HDD....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts