VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1999 2.0 is throwing P0112, P0102 and P0341 They all came at the same time so I don't know what would cause it to all come on at once.

the only thing that I have done to it is replace the spark plugs, wires and ignition coil.

OBD2 scanner is a Autel Al329

(This is my first beetle so I am very new to this platform if there is any information that you could give me I would very much appreciate it.)

Attachments

·
Registered
15,067 Posts

The top two codes; would point in the direction, of the mass air flow sensor, having some issues (the intake temp sensor; is integrated into the maf sensor on the 2.0L). You might look at the live data for the MAF and look to see, if it is in spec and check your fuel trims.

You might borrow a scan tool, from a auto parts store; that can view live data and that way you can view fuel trim, then the maf readings. A cheap ELM327 wireless obd II dongle; is a cheap option, using your phone, to read codes and view live data, using apps like OBDFusion or DashCommand.

Otherwise, you might check out VCDS by Ross Tech or OBDEleven, for a VW factory level scan tool.

If you decide to buy a new maf; be sure, to stick with a high quality oem maf sensor, from Bosch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

The top two codes; would point in the direction, of the mass air flow sensor, having some issues (the intake temp sensor; is integrated into the maf sensor on the 2.0L). You might look at the live data for the MAF and look to see, if it is in spec and check your fuel trims.

You might borrow a scan tool, from a auto parts store; that can view live data and that way you can view fuel trim, then the maf readings. A cheap ELM327 wireless obd II dongle; is a cheap option, using your phone, to read codes and view live data, using apps like OBDFusion or DashCommand.

Otherwise, you might check out VCDS by Ross Tech or OBDEleven, for a VW factory level scan tool.

If you decide to buy a new maf; be sure, to stick with a high quality oem maf sensor, from Bosch.
Ok I will look into this and get back with you when I get the results might be a little bit because of work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts