NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I changed the timing belt checked everything 4 times and also took it apart again and check it again timing marks all line up perfect. I left the battery unplugged while doing everything and after I was done I started it up and it started running rough with multiple misfires super lost and confused!!

·
Registered
484 Posts
When this happens to me it’s usually because I forgot to plug something back in. Either a wire connector or vacuum hose. It sounds like you’ve rechecked the timing and it’s good so now it’s time to check all the wires, air pipes and vacuum lines. Another big gotcha I saw lately was someone left a paper towel in their intake that they used to keep dirt out while working on the vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See that’s where I’m confused I plugged everything back it, I’m starting to wonder if maybe something unplugged from lifting the engine up and down multiple times while doing the belt. Gonna over look it today and see if I can find the issue!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Make sure you didn't crack or split a wire connector, vacuum hose or air pipe also. All the connectors are properly seated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts