NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Wheeeeeeeee!
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Formerly known on the old boards as Angel's 2002 Platinum Grey GLS, :D

I bought my car in December of 2004, a week or so before Christmas. Gift to myself :D

I went miles out of my way to look at him based on this dealer photo - which is what he looked like the day I brought him home:

Right now, all I will be doing are cosmetic mods. Subtle, somewhat retro-ish small things...that's really all I want to do at this point. But I love my car and I still like to show it off.

- I do not posess the time, money or knowledge to muck around with tech mods... yet. The time will come, once I'm finished beautifying him.

Cosmetic Mods:
  • Rear clear corners
  • G2 Altezza Tails
Planned (not in any specific order)
  • Clear third brakelight
  • Retro Wheels
  • Eyelids
I've finally gotten a *Real* digital camera, so after I clean the Bug up a bit tomorrow, I can finally add some pictures.

·
Wheeeeeeeee!
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm happy to say that these lovelies should be decking the car out right around Christmas (and our 1st Anniversary!)

·
Wheeeeeeeee!
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
mentalVdub said:
awesome bug!

in irvine??? that's it, we gotta meet up! i'm in riverside... not too far from ya!

Awesome! Are you a SoCalNBC member? I joined when I first got the car but felt left out always being unable to join in on any GTG's so I kind of just lurk on the list. :eek:

I just noticed your car. I am not a fan of the Batik, and I normally hate flames, but holy crap, I love your car!

--

I'm discovering that many of the things I hate on Beetles/Other cars I am beginning to like now because some Org'ers have pulled them off so well on their cars!

·
Wheeeeeeeee!
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Decals and Misc.

Six Speed makes great decals - I got silver.

Excuse...
1)Crappy lighting, my carport is in an awkward position.
2)Dirt. Car gets all clean and shiny tomorrow :)

Side:

Rear:

Rear from the RearView:

I had a little accident with the second side decal (okay, so it accidentally got thrown out, and then when I dumpster dove to get it, some of it was ripped or nasty... so I used what I managed to salvage for my efforts:

Went to Target for Meguiars, impulse purchased some seat covers. Yay for Purple:

I still need to cut and alter them to be airbag friendly. Anyone got a pic of the velcroed sides of some airbag friendly covers so I can copy?

·
Wheeeeeeeee!
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man, I need to re-up all those photos. :eek:

·
Super Moderator
14,715 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts