NewBeetle.org Forums banner

681 - 700 of 703 Posts

·
Want to do a drive.
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #681
Good but thinking of a new car. Mini S. The Mini club up here does stuff, unlike VW people. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
14,736 Posts
:(:(:(:(

·
Want to do a drive.
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #684
Kinda given up on the mini as they seem to have common BMW problems. Leaking coolant tanks ect.

·
Super Moderator
14,736 Posts
Hooray! :party:

Attachments

·
Want to do a drive.
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #687
Been looking for a new car for me and giving the TS to my wife. This has proved harder than I thought. So far every car I liked has been sold by the time I get to it. I've lost a 05 GTI with 53K, a 03 Silver TS and a 07 EOS. Most of the GTI's on CL are beat. I almost got a 1984 MK1 Caddy with 43K miles but it just didn't seem legit. It had a good body but had a GTI dash swap at sometime. We were off in price and he wouldn't budge.

·
Want to do a drive.
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #689
Hey do you know where I can find that Black Mask for Turbo S bumper???
I got mine a few years ago at ECS tuning but haven't seen them in awhile now.

·
Want to do a drive.
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #690 (Edited)
Well it should be good for a while now.
  • Water Pump
  • Timing Belt
  • Alternator
  • Radiator
  • Cam seal
More than I wanted to spend on preventive maintenance. But should be good for a few more years.

Still need to save money for Suspension refresh. :(

·
An Air-Cooled Fan, Too!
504 Posts
I had the alternator, timing belt, serpentine belt, and water pump all changed w/in the last 6 mos. on my car which is an identical twin to yours and I'm not aware that they had to remove the entire front body work to do it. (I did not witness any of the work or take pics like you did. However, it surprises me that they removed the entire front body and fender assembly.)

·
An Air-Cooled Fan, Too!
504 Posts
Been looking for a new car for me and giving the TS to my wife. This has proved harder than I thought. So far every car I liked has been sold by the time I get to it. I've lost a 05 GTI with 53K, a 03 Silver TS and a 07 EOS. Most of the GTI's on CL are beat. I almost got a 1984 MK1 Caddy with 43K miles but it just didn't seem legit. It had a good body but had a GTI dash swap at sometime. We were off in price and he wouldn't budge.
Hey Mutato: Did you ever find another car that you liked and was affordable? Still have the '03 Metallic Grey Turbo S? I still have mine. 56K actual miles...Best regards, Beetlebomb

·
Want to do a drive.
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #693
My two new cars since we last spoke.....

·
Want to do a drive.
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #694

And yes still have the TS.

·
Super Moderator
14,736 Posts
Lovelovelove your VWs! :D

·
Registered
12,339 Posts