NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y’all! My name is Mariah and I have a 2003 New Beetle Turbo that my husband gifted to me as a birthday present last year. Originally paid $100 for the whole car with 118k miles and it only needed an intercooler to run. It came with common Beetle problems: missing or broken door panels, a CEL that never goes away, thermostat sensors... whole nine yards. ? Body and paint are in decent shape, currently vinyl wrapping because I think it’s cheaper than painting it haha. I’ve painted some interior pieces and glued a different fabric to the headliner. Just adding a bit of my creativity to my Beetle, I hope to not get any hate for decreasing the value of my car. It does have a new aftermarket air filter and BOV splitter for turbo noises and I hope to start on the suspension soon. Ever since I got into this car, I’ve been really interested in the TDI Beetle. I might just collect all the New Beetle specs. Anyways, this is my NB.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I assume your beetle is the 1.8 turbo and not the 1.9 turbo diesel?

All those things are fixable with help from this site and over at tdiclub.

My daughter has an 01 Beetle tdi 5 speed that she just loves. She drives it everywhere. From here (PA) to Texas and back. She’s been out to Boston several times. Her boyfriend is stationed on the USS Constitution (yup Old Ironsides) which is still an active duty naval vessel.

As far as reducing the value, I’ll bet you can sell it for more than your husband paid for it right now.

·
Super Moderator
14,736 Posts
That NB is a 1.8T gasser. Unless the hatch, and wheels were all changed out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts