·
Eine Kleine Panzer
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I now have 3 VWs!!!!:dance:
My 2001 silver 1.8 t named Speedie
My 2003 plat gray 2.0 named Max
My recently purchased 1968 white bug named marshmallow

This is my project car, I'm going to restore it to original OEM condition. The engine and tranny are in great shape with many new parts, it just needs a little cleaning. The engine compartment looks great. It has new shocks, rewiring and connections cleaned, a new muffler, new gas lines, new tie rods, new battery (too bad the compartment is rusted), fairly new headliner (still needs replacing though), new distributer wires, and plugs, cleaned and adjusted carb, and other new things. The project aspect of this car is the interior and the body. Like all VWs of its age, there are a few bad rust areas on the belly pan and one area on the heater channel and one area in the luggage compartment. But there is a local air cooled shop who can replace these items for me (the first major overhaul) since I can't weld. There are minor dings and small dents and some rust on the lower body panels, but are easily replaceable.
Short term projects...I already have shiny hubcaps from another '68, I'm going to paint the rims white, I have new running boards to install, I need to add new chrome moulding, new rubber moulding (except around the windows I will have this done when repainting), replace the exterior light lenses, and figure out why the interior light doesn't work. Interior is minor things like headliner, carpet, and seats. I even have the original AM Sapphire radio installed which still works (which I'm keeping in BTW)!!!

Enough jabber here are the pictures.

MMMMMmmmmm I love the air cooled engines, fully synchroed tranny, and that wonderful VW sound.

Attachments

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,409 Posts
speedie,

looks like marshmallow has lots of potential---have fun with it! :goodjob:

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
warren said:
lots of potential---have fun with it! :goodjob:
This is what I thought! Looks great! ;)