VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

This is my first VW Beetle... I was bored the day after Christmas; what do people do? Shop online.

So here is my 2002 VW Beetle GLS 2.0 Gas ... Lots of fixing because previous owner didn't really take car lot of missing parts I had to search and buy to fix up.

I call him Mochi ... Just like Japanese rice cake ice cream dessert :) Yes, then Bug is Snap-Orange with black and orange interior :)

Modified so far paint job: black hood, top, and trunk. Halo black chrome head lights with 5000K bulbs upgrades, black housing Altezza tail lamps. Replaced all interior bulbs to LED, 17" inch 7-spokes rims and new all seasons tires.

Future plan spoiler and maybe new suspension. Probably just tune up the engine a bit. Spend more time and money on performance is my next goal :)

Thanks for having Mochi ... Hope to get good ideas from fellow members of the forum and to learn more about Volkswagen.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,832 Posts
It appears that Mochi was born as a Snap Orange Color Concept.

I know you didn't do it, but it makes me sad when limited edition models get made so different. :eek:

Nonetheless, have fun with your new-to-you New Beetle, :bigthumb: and Welcome to the Org! :wave2:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Welcome. ....I've owned 3....2001,2002 , 2004 beetles....now a 2012 beetle....fun to drive ....have fun. ..FYI your picture didn't come through

·
5/23/10 <3
11,416 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dyned - Yes! I realized it was a snap-orange limited edition. After I got it from its recent owner I felt it lost that concept they didn't take care of. Sorry to say Mochi has no longer whole that concept of a limited edition but this Bug has some unknown history I choose to not say because it's just a feeling.

Thanks everyone! I'll add more images later :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts