NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so I am a 22 year old girl. I stupidly left my keys in my car after a night of drinking with friends (no I didn't drive home but I needed to grab something out of it.) And the next morning my car was gone.

Anyways I got it back today and all the lights on my dash are lit up and I can feel that my car isn't shifting along with the fact that it isn't registering speed. It's saying that I'm still at '0' or stopped.

Now, I'm not super smart about cars but I did check my fuse box under the hood because I know that pulling those can cause problems and all those fuses are gone. I don't know if that can be causing my problems though, I'm hoping yes because fuses aren't to expensive but I know that my transmission was going out before it was stolen and I am afraid that they blew ot...

Like I said, I'm 22, don't know about cars, and don't have alot of income to take my car to a mechanic so any information is appreciated.

·
Registered
11,627 Posts
Hey, many things can cause the check engine lights to come on and it is hard to know, what the thieves may have done to your car. For electrical issues, checking the fuses is a good place to start; if you have your user's manual, it may show you the different fuses and what "amp" number they are supposed to be. After you replace the missing fuses; check the fuse box above the battery, relays under the dash (above where your knees on the drivers side would be) and the one on the left hand side, hidden under a small door, you can have the trouble codes read and cleared (many auto parts stores will do this for free).

Here are some links; to a service manual, that shows the locations of relays and fuses: (you might print these pages out to refer to; as you work on the car)

relay and fuse box locations:

Volkswagen Workshop Manuals > New Beetle L5-2.5L (BPS) (2006) > Maintenance > Fuses and Circuit Breakers > Fuse > Component Information > Locations > Relay and Fuse Arrangements, Overview, From July 2005

relays:

Volkswagen Workshop Manuals > New Beetle L5-2.5L (BPS) (2006) > Relays and Modules > Relays and Modules - Accessories and Optional Equipment > Alarm Horn Relay > Component Information > Locations

Volkswagen Workshop Manuals > New Beetle L5-2.5L (BPS) (2006) > Power and Ground Distribution > Fuse > Component Information > Application and ID > Relay and Fuse Arrangements, Overview, From July 2005 > Page 9560

battery fuse box:

Volkswagen Workshop Manuals > New Beetle L5-2.5L (BPS) (2006) > Power and Ground Distribution > Fuse > Component Information > Application and ID > Relay and Fuse Arrangements, Overview, From July 2005 > Page 9558

Volkswagen Workshop Manuals > New Beetle L5-2.5L (BPS) (2006) > Power and Ground Distribution > Fuse > Component Information > Application and ID > Relay and Fuse Arrangements, Overview, From July 2005 > Page 9559

left side fuse box:

Volkswagen Workshop Manuals > New Beetle L5-2.5L (BPS) (2006) > Power and Ground Distribution > Fuse > Component Information > Application and ID > Relay and Fuse Arrangements, Overview, From July 2005 > Page 9563

Volkswagen Workshop Manuals > New Beetle L5-2.5L (BPS) (2006) > Power and Ground Distribution > Fuse > Component Information > Application and ID > Relay and Fuse Arrangements, Overview, From July 2005 > Page 9564

Volkswagen Workshop Manuals > New Beetle L5-2.5L (BPS) (2006) > Power and Ground Distribution > Fuse > Component Information > Application and ID > Relay and Fuse Arrangements, Overview, From July 2005 > Page 9565

Volkswagen Workshop Manuals > New Beetle L5-2.5L (BPS) (2006) > Power and Ground Distribution > Fuse > Component Information > Application and ID > Relay and Fuse Arrangements, Overview, From July 2005 > Page 9566

Volkswagen Workshop Manuals > New Beetle L5-2.5L (BPS) (2006) > Power and Ground Distribution > Fuse > Component Information > Application and ID > Relay and Fuse Arrangements, Overview, From July 2005 > Page 9567

Volkswagen Workshop Manuals > New Beetle L5-2.5L (BPS) (2006) > Power and Ground Distribution > Fuse > Component Information > Application and ID > Relay and Fuse Arrangements, Overview, From July 2005 > Page 9568

Volkswagen Workshop Manuals > New Beetle L5-2.5L (BPS) (2006) > Power and Ground Distribution > Fuse > Component Information > Application and ID > Relay and Fuse Arrangements, Overview, From July 2005 > Page 9569

Volkswagen Workshop Manuals > New Beetle L5-2.5L (BPS) (2006) > Power and Ground Distribution > Fuse > Component Information > Application and ID > Relay and Fuse Arrangements, Overview, From July 2005 > Page 9570

1 - 2 of 2 Posts