VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted a few of these in my welcome topic. Took a couple more, so figured I should post them all here instead.

Got my bug used. Had an ignition lockup issue shortly after I got it, but it's all fixed now. Love this little car!

Have a dashboard mount for my phone. Also got the heavy duty floor mats and window shield... things? Those things that allow for you to open a window a crack without rain getting in. :rolleyes: Of course I forgot to take pictures after I put those on. Too dark out to do it now.

Vase is currently empty, but I think I have something for it. Anyone try putting something that is a rubbery/plastic in it? Worried the thing in mind may melt or have stains left on the vase after being in the 80º+ weather I've been getting lately.

I also have a new stereo I need to install. Likely do that this weekend.

Being a used bug, I can't expect a flawless car. This is right above the driver-side door handle. Any guesses on ding removal cost?

·
Registered
15,947 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,840 Posts
Looks like a rock chip, like it zinged from a tire of another car. :(

But, really, don't sweat the small stuff, and enjoy your beautiful New Beetle! :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't mind flowers, but not too interested in any being in my car. lol

What I was thinking were these:

They have those bendable bodies. So they are a rubbery material with a wire inside, so they can be posed. Was thinking of getting a few, so it's like a bouquet of little demons.

As I said though, I'm unsure how they would hold up to the heat.

·
My lil fallen Angel <3
1,102 Posts

·
My lil fallen Angel <3
1,102 Posts

Attachments

·
My lil fallen Angel <3
1,102 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does the sunshade really keep the car cool?

I work at a mall, so after an 8 hour day, going out to my car that's been sitting in ~80º weather isn't much fun. Thankfully my AC works well and I'm just 10 mins from home, but still.

Also thinking of tinting my windows. Pros and cons of doing so?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As mentioned, my Beetle I got used... and I should add, had been in an accident prior to my purchase. That said, if the dealer hadn't told me that, I'd have never of guessed. It drives like it was brand new and they did an amazing job fixing up the damage (front passenger side). Apparently they had to replace a headlight and I think the hood.

With all that said, I think the passenger airbag diploid during that (one would hope), so my passenger airbag looks like this:

Any way to fix that? It's all... warped looking. This and that dent shown on the door are really my only 2 complaints, which are just cosmetic. Would like to have both fixed up some.

Now that out of the way, here is my vase buddy:

·
My lil fallen Angel <3
1,102 Posts
Does the sunshade really keep the car cool?

I work at a mall, so after an 8 hour day, going out to my car that's been sitting in ~80º weather isn't much fun. Thankfully my AC works well and I'm just 10 mins from home, but still.

Also thinking of tinting my windows. Pros and cons of doing so?
Not really lol but they look cool :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Not really lol but they look cool :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Pedro, and Baby Sallie both live in Texas. It was about 104 today where I'm at!
80 degree highs for us were gone about 2 months to go. :)
I absolutely love the Texas heat, and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.
Am thinking about getting Pedro's windows tinted though, because it does look cool!:cool:
Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll probably get the side windows tinted at some point. Maybe the front and back too. Future project...

Would like to get a paint job done too, but I read a good one can cost a couple thousand dollars.

·
Super Moderator
14,840 Posts
If you shop for a sunshade, buy the biggest ones. Our windshields are huge! I like the two piece, quick fold ones.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I'll probably get the side windows tinted at some point. Maybe the front and back too. Future project...

Would like to get a paint job done too, but I read a good one can cost a couple thousand dollars.
Your paint looks fine. I would'nt mess with it. Has a very nice shine to it and everything!
As for the ding on your driver's door, search out a good paintless dent repair man. Probably 50 to 75 bucks to repair it.
Its kind of deep, so it won't be perfect. But it will look tons better! :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know my paint is fine, but if I had the funds, I'd do what hondafanatic17 did with his Beetle:

http://newbeetle.org/forums/photos-new-beetles/82170-99-beetle-paint-job-build-thread.html

However, instead of going for a Bumblebee (Autobot, the good guys) theme, I'd go Decepticon (the bad guys) colors of black and purple.

It'll likely never happen though. Buying this Beetle drained my funds a good amount and I work retail, so getting funds to do a paint job is out of the question currently. Need to save for my own place instead anyway. :p

As for the sunshades, they seem more of a hassle. Granted even if you get the 2 piece one, that's still 1/2 a windshield size item sitting in your car that you have to setup/take down each time. Does it really keep the inside cool?

Also, any recommended places for a seat cover? My seats are like-new, although I did spot a tiny hole in the driver's seat. I want to keep them in as best condition as I can. At the same time though, again, I work retail and saving for a place of my own, so I'd prefer the seat covers not cost me an arm and a leg to buy.

I need a better paying job. Hope to find one since I have my own wheels now!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A few things I still want to get done:

• Fix the dent. I think a local place does them, so just means going there and asking about it.

• Find a decent trash bin. Any recommended? Amazon has tons, all of which have mixed reviews and a tad pricey to trial and error.

• Get windows tinted. May or may not do this. Looks nice though.

• Thought of getting a front/rear bumper kit. Mine aren't bad, aside from minor scratches and the front grill is cracked a little, both of which you can't see unless up close.

• Get seat covers. Any recommended ones?

Any recommendations, please consider I only work retail right now, so my budget isn't too high. :p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.