NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there, I'm new here as I just bought a new beetle back in October. I have already posted on the forum before in the new members section.

So I am a huge DSM guy as my baby is my 97 Eclipse Spyder. This is my second Spyder but my 3rd Eclipse. I bought this car in May 2015 and have dropped nothing but time and Money into it ever since in plans of fully building it in one year. So I figured I'd share.

I got the car for $3500 not running but in get shape minus paint which was showing its age. I got it running and drove it a few months but since then I have dumped about $10k into it.

This car started out completely stock minus springs and rims. It has since been completely upgraded including a full color change.

I have since replaced the entire engine and trans from a 99 eclipse that had loads on mods as it was built for track racing.

So the car now has:

ST sway bars
Tien springs on Tokico struts
DC sports strut tower
Upgraded 16G Evo 3 turbo ported hot and cold side
HBC Boost Controller
Aluminum Radiator with dual slim fans
HKS Cams with valve springs and retainers
AEM Cam gears
JDM Power front mount intercooler with 2.5" intercooler piping
3" Turbo back SS exhaust (Megan downpipe/R&D Cat back)
Injen Intake Kit
BBK Throttle body
GodSpeed BOV
FIC 850cc Injectors
Fuel Pressure Regulator
255 Walbro with re-wire kit
ACT 2600 Clutch setup
Fidanza Aluminium Flywheel
B&M Short Shifter
Energy Suspension Shifter Base bushings with RTM solid Trans Shifter Bushings
Energy Suspension Motor Mounts
Ecmlink Tuning software/Chipped Eprom ECU

and I'm sure I am forgetting a few things as well

I am running at 20psi on the 16G and have fully street tuned the car myself, plan on running 25psi this summer once I get the car back and have time to tune my cam gears a bit.

At the moment the car is at the body shop getting every dent and ding removed and a full color change to Carbon Flash Metallic :)

Here are some photos starting from when I got it to what it looks like today. Hope you enjoy.

Thanks for having me guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and some more :)

Attachments

·
Registered
12,081 Posts
Whoa, looks like you have a ton of work; involved in this project! The body work prep and attention to detail, in the paint shop; looks impressive! Lots of time and $; invested there! Post up some pics; when it is all, back together! Thanks! :)

PS: these cars; seemed to be relatively popular, when they came out but I don't see them around much anymore. I seem to remember; the 3000 GT VR-4 Twin, getting all the attention, while the Spyder was the more affordable "little brother", in the late 90s Mitsubishi line up? :confused:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Billymade! The last year has been a battle and has also had me in some trouble with the girlfriend a few times over the amount of hours into it. Lol

As for the 3000 GT I'm not sure and don't know much about them but that they are rare cars. In Canada we never got Mitsubishi till 2003 so anything older then that is an import like my Spyder :) Over here even the Eclipse is super rare and most are not convertible or turbo. I think I'v only seen one 3000 GT ever that a buddy's roomate owned.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well she has been home for about 3 weeks now and is all put back together. All in all it looks amazing and yet still needs a wet sand and polish to be show room finish quality but I am very pleased with the results already!

Drove her for the last week and wow have I ever missed my speedy convertible! Lol

Got a few things to do before I head out with her on the 6 hour trip to Ohio for the DSM Shootout next month but just minor stuff as of now. I can't wait! :)

Well her she is boys, my pride and joy!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,843 Posts
Love the ride!!
I love that gen of the Eclipse- that and the last hen. The Eclipse based on the Pronto, I'm not a fan of. One Mitsu I'd love to have is the Starion/Conquest.....LOVE THOSE.

Keep the pics coming. You have such a cool car!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts