NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and girls! I'm brand new to this site, and also brand new to VW ownership. :) I am actually not the owner of this Beetle yet, but I should be in a few days. Need to get the title transferred and all the fun stuff associated with car purchasing. But I am beyond excited to get it and take it for a drive! The last 3 cars I've owned have all been pretty big junk cars, so I am so stoked to own this very clean, nice looking, and great running vehicle! Would you believe it only has 51000 miles on it!?

Here are some pics. Tell me what you think :)

A couple paint scratches here and there.

Looks like original owner had animals, some hair floating around.

So yeah, I'm sure for enthusiasts like yourselves you've seen countless pictures just like these, but I hope you enjoy anyway! Those are all the pictures I had time to take at the moment since I don't actually have the car yet. I'm proud to be part of this new community! Let me know what you think of my new ride :)

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Only 51K miles? Awesome! :clap:

I hope the PO took good care of it, and had any problems fixed. Have fun with your new-to-you New Beetle! :party:

Welcome to the Org! :wave2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have run the engine and it sounds very good, very smooth. I haven't been able to street drive yet since there are no plates on it, but I was able to take it for a small spin around the rather big, wide open parking lot it is in and it seems to run great. radio works, CD changer works, keyless entry, alarm, etc. Everything seems to be in very good condition. :)

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I have run the engine and it sounds very good, very smooth. I haven't been able to street drive yet since there are no plates on it, but I was able to take it for a small spin around the rather big, wide open parking lot it is in and it seems to run great. radio works, CD changer works, keyless entry, alarm, etc. Everything seems to be in very good condition. :)
And on top of that, it looks clean. I see a few minor blemishes but the body looks nice and smooth. I think you may have scored yourself a winner. Congrats! :party:

·
Can't touch the PartyBug
50 Posts
Hey guys and girls! I'm brand new to this site, and also brand new to VW ownership. :) I am actually not the owner of this Beetle yet, but I should be in a few days. Need to get the title transferred and all the fun stuff associated with car purchasing. But I am beyond excited to get it and take it for a drive! The last 3 cars I've owned have all been pretty big junk cars, so I am so stoked to own this very clean, nice looking, and great running vehicle! Would you believe it only has 51000 miles on it!?

Nice Bug!! Looks great! stick shift bueno :)I always liked that orange its a good color for it. In fact, when i was like 6 i saw one for the first time and it was in that color haha.

Welcome to the site! you'll hopefully have fun here theres lots of cool stuff :)

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
:)I always liked that orange its a good color for it. In fact, when i was like 6 i saw one for the first time and it was in that color haha.
I think it's red..... :lol:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just a quick update:

I have all the paperwork in order and I'll be heading to the DMV tomorrow morning before work to get this baby registered! :D:D Can't wait to take her cruising down the highway!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
we are car twiinns :D:D I have a red 98 beetle too! except with fogs-one is broken though :p I love seeing other red bugs hehe
:D :D

So another update:

The car is registered and is now my daily driver :) It is soo much fun to drive, so smooth, quiet.. a huge improvement over my previous clunker Jeep :p Hopefully this weekend I'll get an opportunity to take some more pictures and post them up.

On a slightly bad note, I found out just today that the driver's seat forward lever has come off. :( I have read many forums saying that this is a common problem, so I'm hoping it will be fairly straightforward to repair. I'm at my college at the moment and I could not find the handle floating around in my car so I'm hoping it's sitting in my driveway or something. Worst case scenario I'll just have to call up a local VW dealer and see if I can buy a replacement.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Everyone! I know I promised extra pictures a while ago but I've been super busy and didn't have time to take any. But on this beautiful day I finally had time to take some pictures after washing the Beetle :p I also took a few pictures of some of the minor blemishes and dings that I want to get fixed at some point. Hope you enjoy! :)

Look at that beautiful shiny bug!

For some reason, the left side of the hood seems to sit higher than the right side.. need to figure out what's going on there.

Some minor scrapes on both sides in the back. All from previous owner :(

Some more dings on the rear and front bumpers

1 - 20 of 22 Posts