NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today started out as another regular day being Good Friday and all. I really didnt have any plans whatsoever.

During the course of the morning I decided to go by the new VW dealership in Raleigh and check out their line of accessories and walk the lot checking out the new models.

When I arrived I did just that. While walking around the lot a saleman came up to me and started a conversation. We talked about VW's in general and my Beetle (likes, dislikes, etc.) I made it clear that my only dislike was the lack of functionality for my family. (Since purchasing my Beetle, we seem to do all of our around town driving in it instead of the van. I didnt purchase the car with that in mind, I thought I would be the only person cruising around in it 90% of the time. Boy, was I wrong.) As we talked, he said that I should take a look at the 4 door GTI (not suprising by any means being that he's there to sell cars). I went along while thinking in the back of my mind "if he believes I'm gonna trade my Beetle for the GTI, and take a huge hit on depreciation he must be crazy."

Well, I checked it out, looked it over, and test drove it. I liked it. Overall, I thought it was very similar to my Beetle in a lot of ways except for the huge amount of interior space which I really liked. After arriving back at the dealership, I listened as he threw some numbers at me but was ready to end the conversation before I began to waste my time.

To make a long story short, within a few minutes the trade offer was very close to the price I paid for the car. Then, to make the pot sweeter, they knocked thousands of dollars off of the new GTI. I weighed all factors and crunched numbers to ensure the deal was as sweet as it sounded and seemed. It was, so I couldnt pass it up. After the car was thoroughly cleaned, fueled, and detailed, I jumped in a drove off.

Needless to say, I'm no longer the owner of my 2012 Turbo Beetle. I now own a 2013 VW 4 door GTI.

Crappy pics......

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
I freaking love the Mk6. I test drove a 2011 Golf TDI after my Beetle was wrecked and I fell in love instantly. I had about a solid 24 hours where I was scheming trying to make it happen. But I ended up with an '03 GTI instead. Having a true hatchback now, I love it. Getting back into a Beetle will be tough...but the new Beetle does have more usable trunk space than the New Beetle did.

Congrats on the ride!

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
Been a fan of the 4door GTI's since they came out. Nice ride.
Now if they would only make a GTI station wagon.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Congrats on your newly acquired GTI. Truly a fun car, even in 4-door trim.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I freaking love the Mk6. I test drove a 2011 Golf TDI after my Beetle was wrecked and I fell in love instantly. I had about a solid 24 hours where I was scheming trying to make it happen. But I ended up with an '03 GTI instead. Having a true hatchback now, I love it. Getting back into a Beetle will be tough...but the new Beetle does have more usable trunk space than the New Beetle did.

Congrats on the ride!
Been a fan of the 4door GTI's since they came out. Nice ride.
Now if they would only make a GTI station wagon.
Congrats on your newly acquired GTI. Truly a fun car, even in 4-door trim.

Thanks for the positive remarks!!! I hated to see my Beetle go though.

Minor mods are planned which are customary for my sport vehicles. At the top of the list are tint (35%) and racing stripes. I havent decided which color stripes to go with yet. I'm open for ideas.

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
And so it begins.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Nice change up. I remember needing more room in the past and a 4-door was needed. Glad you kept it in the VW family.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Momentai!!!
1,092 Posts
You'll love it! I have a 2009 GTI, the last of the Mk5. I had it before my B12 though. It will be 3 years this July I've owned mine. They are great little cars with a ridiculous amount of room in them then you would have ever thought. I've modded mine, but only very slightly. If you ever need anything holla at me!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You'll love it! I have a 2009 GTI, the last of the Mk5. I had it before my B12 though. It will be 3 years this July I've owned mine. They are great little cars with a ridiculous amount of room in them then you would have ever thought. I've modded mine, but only very slightly. If you ever need anything holla at me!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks Steve!! Will do. We'll definitely talk at TOD so I can get some mod ideas from you........

1 - 15 of 15 Posts