VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 04 beetle convertable i bought brand new and loved loved loved it in the beginging...now i only have 51000 miles on it and i am having a hell of a time. i am on my fifth battery and now the car wont hold a charge. alter and starter both tested fine and all the fuses have been checked and changed. i have already replaced 3 of the 4 window motors and just dont know what to do with it now. it can loose all power as often as every 3 days. am i missing something here?

·
Registered
146 Posts

·
No NB Yellow Trifecta :(
5,641 Posts
I was reading some Technical Bulletins this past weekend and came across a parasitic draw being cause by the instrument cluster; the installation of a diode solves the problem. (I went back tonight and looked again and this one was for the 2008 'Vert)

If you can, go to the dealer and have them check your VIN number, because it was VIN specific, no testing needed.

Here the the TSB Number (for all models except Routan) with the Parasitic Draw Testing Instructions ... 27 08 04 August 28, 2008 2016076

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.