NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 2000 baby blue beetle about 4mnths back from now. It was really cool to drive on the highway and people signalling that you have a cool car! Furthermore its baby blue(sky blue) and its pretty uncommon color on the roads nowadays.

However the experience was shortlived. My beetle is sick and has a illness i do not how to fix nor does the mechanics.

Basically, its either the brakes or the engine stalled at low speeds. It has only happened 3 times but when it happened, i lost total power to the brakes. I couldnt depress the brakes to stop at the lights! =( i had to reach for my handbrake. becos it doesnt happen all the time, im caught off guard all the time! worse! and no mechanic could reproduce the problem so they do not know how to fix it !

Help! i think i will have to sell my babby beetle away...

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
That sounds downright dangerous! :eek:

I am no mechanic. Just wanted to offer support...... :(

·
Where is home ....
11,013 Posts
Hello.

Im not a mechanic either ... just wanted to give support as well. I hope things get straightened out. And please ... dont sell your bug. Things will work out! *hugs*

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
check my reply on the other thread...

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
*BIG HUG* I've not had all the joys of ownership that many have had (power windows droppin, vacuum hoses crackin, waterpump failures, and the like).. but I do know how bad it sucks to have a cool and unfunctional car! You'll get your baby back on the road soon -- from the looks of the tech thread, you've got a lot of leads!

·
bitten by the bug
22 Posts
I had the same problem along with a lot of others....some beetles are just doomed I think...I traded mine for a civic because I was tired of dumping money into it. Sure, it was fun to drive, but I didn't get to drive it much because it was always in the shop! Just fyi, I finally had a cel...p1137 fuel trim too lean at idle...hopefully that can help in some way. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts