NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! I've never done anything quite like this before, but I'm so proud of my beloved 2006 VW Beetle, I'd love to share some pictures as Hubs and I work on some customization. I've had her for about 3 months now, and have gotten quite a bit accomplished. I'm no pro with the lingo and technical "car talk", but will do my best!

The nitty gritty:
- 2006 Shadow Blue VW Beetle 2.5L 5 cylinder
- black vinyl interior
- what I assume to be the standard features - cruise, heated seats, Monsoon stereo
- my favorite stock feature - my car smells like Crayolas!

Improvements thus far:
- swapped out the standard hood and trunk ornaments with a previous years' silver and blue version
- have re-covered the headliner and all trim pieces north of the windows with blue crushed velvet with gold stars

I'm an EBay junkie, and have a long wish list of chrome trim pieces. Will post more pics as I progress!!

-MM

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Ohmygosh, that's pretty! AWESOME job with the headliner! It looks perfect for your Shadow Blue! :clap:

·
My lil fallen Angel <3
1,099 Posts
Awesome looking new beetle!!! And welcome to the org.

Where u get ur blue bug plate??? The one i got from the dealership that says blue One! On my bug :)
And luv ur headliner wish I had the money to do that.

·
Old & New Beetles
2,244 Posts
Your Beetle is very cool!

Great job with the headliner and other parts.
I like blue "Euro-style" VW-emblems more than black & white ones;
great swap ;)

More pics, please... :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where u get ur blue bug plate??? The one i got from the dealership that says blue One! On my bug :)
And luv ur headliner wish I had the money to do that.
Hey Sallie - I got my plate at European License Plates - Custom European License Plates :.
And the headliner was actually pretty affordable - probably spent $120 on it max - just fabric and glue. Took a weekend to do - worst part was figuring out how to take all the parts off =)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts