NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
33 ⅓
15,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago, my father had passed on...And I was going to post this, but never got around to it...here is his obit.

F. William Maher
MAHER, F. WILLIAM (Age 85)

F. WILLIAM MAHER, of Holly Hills, Williamsburg, formerly of McLean and Linden, died Tuesday, August 30, 2005. Mr. Maher was born on June 1, 1920 in Hackensack, NJ, the son of the late Philip W. and Loretta M. Maher. He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II and served in North Africa and Italy. He was awarded the Bronze Star medal. A graduate of the Catholic University of America, Washington, DC, and received both his B.A. and M.A. degrees from that institution. He was a teacher at George Mason Jr. - Sr. High School in Falls Church, and an administrator and teacher at Longfellow Middle School in McLean. In retirement, Mr. Maher was a volunteer teacher's aide at Warren County Middle School in Front Royal. He was a member of St. Bede Catholic Church in Williamsburg, and a past member of St. John Catholic Church in Front Royal where he had been a Eucharistic Minister and an usher. He also served on the Parish Council and Financial Committee. He was a past member of the Front Royal Kiwanis Club. He also served as Vice President of the Skyland Community Corp. Board of Directors. He was a life member of the Warren Heritage Society and the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation Associates. Hr. Maher was preceded in death by his wife, Mary Schrup Maher. He is survived by sons: Peter S., of Sterling, Robert P., of Dallas, TX, Michael N., of Williamsburg, Thomas J., of Pompano Beach, FL, and Joseph F., of Newport News; and five grandchildren. A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, September 7, 2005 at St. Bede Catholic Church on Ironbound Rd, with Monsignor John Abe officiating. Burial will be private. Memorial contributions may be made to St. Bede Building Fund, 3686 Ironbound Rd., Williamsburg, VA 23188, the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation Fife & Drum, P.O. Box 1776, Williamsburg, VA 23187, or the Office of University Development, Catholic University of America, LCI 106 Cardinal Station, Washington, DC, 20064. BUCKTROUT OF WILLIAMSBURG is serving the Maher family.
Published in The Washington Post on 9/3/2005.
http://www.legacy.com/WASHINGTONPOST/LegacySubPage2.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonId=15008704

I am just mentioning this, so if folks want to see why I was a little out of sorts...that was why. He was a great man.

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
You can still tell him TJ, you just don't have to call him to do it.
We buried my cousin today. She was diagnosed Memorial day week & she died labor day week. she was only 47. What I don't understand is why the murderers & rapists get to live long lives and she doesn't :mad:
I do know she is in a better place but she will be missed greatly. :cry::cry:

·
I <3 my band!
1,149 Posts
I'm very sorry for your loss.:(

I also have moments that I think I can just call my dad but can't.

My sister was hospitalized today and it was tough to go there so soon after my dad died. Before they took her down for surgery, I cried because I know she was scared and would have felt a lot better if he had been there too.

*hugs*

·
Registered
589 Posts
Sorry for your loss. My father hasn't been well for months and he is getting worse. I fear what you are going through happening here. He says not to worry, he is too miserable and God isn't ready for him yet. My heart goes out to you. May the good Lord keep him in his loving embrace. God Bless you both.

·
BOOP-BOOP-A-DOOP
4,632 Posts
also sorry for your loss, sounds like your dad lived a nice long life,and was a very succesful man, and he also was handsome:)

·
33 &#8531;
15,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
also sorry for your loss, sounds like your dad lived a nice long life,and was a very succesful man, and he also was handsome:)
He was handsome! That was neat of you to notice! And really nice too. He never once spanked me, or hit me, or yelled at me. We would go to old movies (I was raised in the days before VCR's and cable), we would listen to old albums of jazz, big band...I learned how to appreciate cars with him. And he bought me my first car, a 1968 VW Beetle.

·
Now back in a Beetle!
2,968 Posts
my condolences for your loss. at least you have all those wonderful memories to remember him by.you can also thank him for your current love of beetles hehe...take a nice pic of your musang,put it in a fame & place it right by his resting place;then he'll know:)

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
*hugs*:(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts