NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2004 new beetle with heated seats, sunroof and all that. you know all the bell and whistles w.e. Been driving it for about a week loving the car. The only problem is when other people say its a girls car. i been thinking of ways i can make the car more masculine. My gas door was missing when i bought it so i was thinking of putting an after market chrome one and riveting it on. Another idea i got while passing a bug with red lips was to get a decal made of venoms mouth from spider man and to put a cigar in my flower vase for looks what do you think?

·
Super Moderator
14,756 Posts
Who cares what others think? They're just jealous. Do not let others dictate what you love. :runnethov

Welcome to the Org, :wave2: and Welcome to the New Beetle! :party:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Exactly my sentiments as well. If you like it that's all that matters. I have gotten the same thing from people when I car sitted my friends 2000 tdi nb..I just smile and keep on going. It's usually those people who are insecure lol.:bash: welcome to the org

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the support amd replies ill find a way to shake these haters or make them love the bug.

·
Black Velvet
1,078 Posts
I totally agree it's not a girls car it's the people's car for a reason. I bought my beetle new regardless of what my friends think and you know what they end up wanting a beetle themselves even my dad just bought one himself and he drives a Benz. Forget the haters love what you drive that's all that matters plus we would love to see pics of your beetle, and welcome.:)

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Welcome my friend, I’m always amazed by the love/hate relation people have with the beetle... They say:” It’s REALLY NOT my model but yours are real cool”... Hahahaha

Sent from your moms bed

·
Registered
3 Posts
FWIW, my little white GLS doesn't look girly. It does have dark tinted windows though which I think adds a slightly more testosterone. You may also want to try larger, more aggressive wheel/tire combo too.

·
Super Moderator
14,756 Posts
For those who do not know me, I am a gal. :D

When I got divorced in 2007, I lost our 2005 Tornado Red, 1.8T, loaded New Beetle Convertible, to my 6'4", 250lb husband. It was his baby, and he didn't care one bit about what others thought.

If you love your car, ignore the haters. I am obsessed with VWs, but I am not a hater, so I do not understand those who feel the need to express their opinions.

·
Super Moderator
14,756 Posts
Platinum Gray Metallic.....that was the color of my first New Beetle, a 2002 6-speed Turbo S.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts