NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just got my neused Beetle 1999 red 2.0 needs a lot of work. But the price was right. $500.00 it needs coil pack a/c charged and headliner rear fenders have the clearcoat comming off but i think i got a great deal. Used to have several of the old style air cooled bugs and even raced them off road simple motors to work with a pair of pliers screwdrivers and a crescent wrench and i would go anywhere. Thanks for all your help in advance i know i will be relying on the great wisdom and expertise here.
Ted

·
Registered
11,563 Posts
If you plan on fixing your new beetle yourself; these two "tools" should help you get the job done:

Bentley DVD repair manual

Volkswagen New Beetle: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 including Convertible Repair Manual on DVD-ROM  -  Bentley Publishers - Repair Manuals and Automotive Books

or downloadable version ebahn manual

eBahn License for Volkswagen New Beetle 1998-2009  -  Bentley Publishers - Repair Manuals and Automotive Books

vcds software and cable:

Ross-Tech: Home

demo of how the software works and what it can do for you:

Ross-Tech: VCDS Tour

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Are you privy to your beetle's maintenance history, i.e. has the timing belt/ tensioner/ t-stat/water pump/ been replaced?

Also to piggy back on Toad's comments, you're in a good area of orgers (newbeetle.org members):
MichelleRoze
Chephron
Wilky- lives in Dacula
Freaky Beetle

Some of these orgers might be of a help to you AND they're closer than you think.

My sister in-law lives in Lawrenceville and my wife and I try to make it up there as much as possible.

I hope you get your bug back to speed soon and hope to see you involved in the GA new beetle scene.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks i am privy-- w/p and timing belt replaced about 5 thousand miles ago. last owner thought the cat was stopped up took it to a muffler shop they cut it out found no problems then reinstalled it.Im looking forward to meeting some of the members thanks for the welcome mat.
Ted

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Great news Ted:bigthumb: Glad to hear the TB/WP has been done- one less egg to fry right?

And the welcome mat is pretty big around here. The GA group of orgers are very cool and travel extremely well.

BTW, The wife-unit and I should be up that way for thanksgiving weekend. It would be cool to meet up with you and the rest of the gang. Maybe we can do a Sonic meet or something.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gunna have to pick me up one of those VAG-COM all i have now is the plain obdII reader i can get the codes but anything else is guess work like my airbag light. From reading back posts it looks like i may be in for a ride trying to find the culprit
Ted
If you plan on fixing your new beetle yourself; these two "tools" should help you get the job done:

Bentley DVD repair manual

Volkswagen New Beetle: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 including Convertible Repair Manual on DVD-ROM *-* Bentley Publishers - Repair Manuals and Automotive Books

or downloadable version ebahn manual

eBahn License for Volkswagen New Beetle 1998-2009 *-* Bentley Publishers - Repair Manuals and Automotive Books

vcds software and cable:

Ross-Tech: Home

demo of how the software works and what it can do for you:

Ross-Tech: VCDS Tour

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds good to me maybe i can have the Bug running by then.
Ted
Great news Ted:bigthumb: Glad to hear the TB/WP has been done- one less egg to fry right?

And the welcome mat is pretty big around here. The GA group of orgers are very cool and travel extremely well.

BTW, The wife-unit and I should be up that way for thanksgiving weekend. It would be cool to meet up with you and the rest of the gang. Maybe we can do a Sonic meet or something.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MORAV
thats sounds great my previous is supposed to bring my title and what manuals he has over Friday. I will let you know if i need any of the replacements. I like this site already. Friendy folks, and Tech info,and a Parts source what more can a guy asak for.
Ted

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
MORAV
thats sounds great my previous is supposed to bring my title and what manuals he has over Friday. I will let you know if i need any of the replacements. I like this site already. Friendy folks, and Tech info,and a Parts source what more can a guy asak for.
Ted
Press him for the second key and fob if you don't have it already. That is the most expensive single thing you might have to deal with.

Btw, I have a spare '98-'08 Bentley DVD-ROM Repair Manual. Unopened, unregistered, $80 shipped. Legal, not pirated, just requires loading and registering with eBahn, no additional costs or fees.

M.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds good I will let you know
Ted
Press him for the second key and fob if you don't have it already. That is the most expensive single thing you might have to deal with.

Btw, I have a spare '98-'08 Bentley DVD-ROM Repair Manual. Unopened, unregistered, $80 shipped. Legal, not pirated, just requires loading and registering with eBahn, no additional costs or fees.

M.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts