NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Volkswagen Addict
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I figured since I joined the site, I should post some pics of my Fiance's New Beetle. I gotta have something to show in order to be a member right?!:rolleyes:

She hasn't really done too much to it, but I plan to hook it up some slowly but surely. I'll keep you updated.

Here's a side shot of my Fiance's Beetle. She designed and applied the graphics herself.

Here's an upclose shot of her graphics. She added little hidden logos in the graphics to spice things up a bit. Can you believe we still get people asking us what the "53" stands for?!:rolleyes:

Here it is at a local car show. Notice it's sitting next to a Ghia and an older Beetle.

..and last but not least, here's a picture of it at a local all VW car show. She won a 3rd place trophy that day in the "New Beetle" class!

Once I sell my car I'm driving now, I plan on doing some mods to my girl's Beetle. I'm pretty excited because I've wanted a New Beetle for ages.

Thanks for checking out the Beetle. Let me know what you think.

·
Volkswagen Addict
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I always thought her idea was pretty neat, and it adds to the overall look of the graphics.

·
brute strength of six...
25 Posts
n2vdubz said:
Thanks. I always thought her idea was pretty neat, and it adds to the overall look of the graphics.
Yeah she did a very good job!!!!! I would say she could make some extra money designing graphics.

I am a former head designer for a place called Spectrums Graphics, and trust me your girls got some skills!

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
How cool is that? That's some talent! :bigthumb:

·
Volkswagen Addict
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hercules said:
Yeah she did a very good job!!!!! I would say she could make some extra money designing graphics.

I am a former head designer for a place called Spectrums Graphics, and trust me your girls got some skills!
How ironic!! My Fiance and her sister are buying their own sign business in the next couple of weeks. They will be doing vinyl graphics for cars, designing signs for businesses, airbrushing portraits and cars, and a whole lot of other jobs. They are pretty excited to get started and apply what they have studied. My girl went to college for graphic arts, and is currently working at a sign business so she knows all too well about graphics and design.

Thanks for all the comments, she'll be happy to know that fellow V-Dubbers are enjoying her work. Now if I could just throw some rims on her Beetle, we would be getting someweher!!:)

·
Registered
64 Posts
n2vdubz said:
How ironic!! My Fiance and her sister are buying their own sign business in the next couple of weeks. They will be doing vinyl graphics for cars, designing signs for businesses, airbrushing portraits and cars, and a whole lot of other jobs. They are pretty excited to get started and apply what they have studied. My girl went to college for graphic arts, and is currently working at a sign business so she knows all too well about graphics and design.

Thanks for all the comments, she'll be happy to know that fellow V-Dubbers are enjoying her work. Now if I could just throw some rims on her Beetle, we would be getting someweher!!:)
Nice Beetle! My son is the art director for a sign company in Illinois. Does she plan to stay with her job and do the new business on the side?

·
Volkswagen Addict
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Keimax4h said:
Nice Beetle! My son is the art director for a sign company in Illinois. Does she plan to stay with her job and do the new business on the side?
Thanks for the comment. In answer to your question, she plans to start working at their new business as soon as it gets off the ground. The business she works for now is slowly going down hill.

Sometimes the boss (and owner of the busniess) doesn't actually give them paychecks, just a hand written check, and on a couple of occasions the check has actually bounced! He also doesn't know how to run a business, and his cliental have to wait longer than they should for work to be done because he overschedules his work and his workers.

My Fiance is just tired of it and wants to start new at her own pace (Which is alot quicker than her boss who has owned his own business for years). Plus they have horrible insurance (Which her boss says he can't afford to pay even though he owns a Corvette, yacht, and a bunch of other richy rich toys) so my girl wants better coverage too.

All that just makes for a great reason to quit where she is and start fresh.;)

·
Grandma LOVES bubbles!!
1,450 Posts
How in the world did I miss someone from Maine joining the .org??? I must have been asleep!! I was at the show last year and have pics of your girl's car!! Wicked awsome and welcome to the .org--a little late!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts