VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't think much of my 2.5 Liter engine, I new it had a little power. Then the bug surprised me. I was on my way home from the New York ComicCon Friday. I had to enter route 495 West bound from a dead stop (Not a fun thing to attempt during rush hour). Approaching quickly was a truck in the lane I needed to enter. I put the stick into first and mashed the gas peddle, The Ghost took off like a rocket, I quickly dropped the stick into second and chirped the bloody tires. The engine roared with an awesome growl and the next thing I new I was doing 60. The bug is quick and agile, not like my old Mazda 6. I've been considering throwing a turbo on to The Ghost, Oh the power that would come from the mighty 2.5 :D But I digress, that might have to be a Mod for another day, when the engine needs a little boost and The Ghost is getting on in years.

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,869 Posts
Yes Sirrrrr!!!
Yep, the 2.5 has some great pep. Our DSG is a perfect match too. Doesn't quite have the top end punch as the 1.8t, but it ain't no slouch.

I believe it's Black Forest Industries that makes a 2.5 full turbo kit. I'll have to dig through my bookmarks to find it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now I'm happy. It's time to start saving the shekels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.