VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Nice... very nice!

Nice!

More pics!

You and Evanrude could have a mini GtG and photo shot up there in the NW!

·
Came down with the bug!
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a great idea, there are a lot of neat places around here that would make substantial calendar scenes. Every thing from industrial to WETforests. Will have more pictures as soon as I can download them from work.

·
Super Moderator
14,800 Posts
We......Need.....To........GTG! :D

·
Came down with the bug!
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More Pictures!

Before I get started, I'm what you would call a radionut, with enough radio equipment to shoot down a satellite from space. :rolleyes: While my mind is not on the air, I'm always
coming up with weird and whacked out ideas on how to ruin something good but... this might work.

My idea would not be a very overpass friendly one.

More Pictures!

·
Peave Love and Beetles
844 Posts
nice pics...ur bug looks great :)

·
Came down with the bug!
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good Cleaning

After two days of ownership(six months ago), my beloved buggy had been given a thorough cleaning. Useing a couple of microfiber cloths, a fine toothbrush and some Lexol leather cleaner with Lexol leather care, the interior had been somewhat reastore back to showroom quality. Here are some of the pictures taken during cleaning.

As a small demonstration, one side of the back seat had been cleaned while the other left dirty.

Dirty! :mad:

Clean! :D

·
1,255 Posts
Electricalcreatures, do I see ham radio beam antenna in a picture? If so I am N5AS, 73's Tom

·
Want to do a drive.
1,798 Posts
A Washington beetle, you need to join our GTG plans for this summer.

·
Came down with the bug!
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Electricalcreatures, do I see ham radio beam antenna in a picture? If so I am N5AS, 73's Tom
Yes, A Maco M104C four element beam, converted for 10m operation on flat side. On top of that lies a Solarcon A99 for all local communications. Excellent stuff, highly recommended for those in the upper end of the HF spectrum!

KE7BPG, Brandon :wink:

·
treiber gefunden
882 Posts
Great looking bug. I use to have a similar set up with 6 element beam for 10m and the A99. U used the A99 consistently for overseas dx's with great audio and rf signal both ways. I had that mated to a Kenwood 850 with no amp. And used it more than the beam due to lack of rotor on the tower. I have been off for a few years now but used to be TI5JAP (C.R.) Very nice set up thumbs up!

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Excellent Job!

Nice house cleaning! Now the interior looks as fine as the exterior!

I'm waiting for some energy to come in to do mine!

MORAV

·
Came down with the bug!
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Replaced my old timing belt/water pump over the weekend. I ordered a kit which includes a timing belt, water pump(metal), front main seal, serpentine belt and idler pulley with tensioner. While the car was still on the hoist, I decided to rotate tires in a front to back pattern, keeping the same direction of tire rotation on each tire.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts