NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im new to the beetle forum, i have a 2000 VW beetle with a 2.0L gas motor, and about a week ago the heat just stoped blowing air, i turn it on to the high(#4) power and nothing blows out of the vents, any ideas on it guys, please help me!!!!!! ill do anything!!! i took it to like 10 places to see if they could fix it and they have no idea what it is!!!!!!!! argg!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Any other systems die? Signals, wipers, horn, headlights...?

-Des

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, the fan just doesnt blow air at all, and no other electrical parts(signals, lights, radio) didnt fail, the fuse is fine, and i dont know i think its my blower motor, or the fan motor, but idk its a newbeelte and after i bought it it started taking a dump on me, any ideas what it is guys, thanks for the feedback

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
This may sound stupid, but are the vents open?? I wasn't getting heat when i first got mine and it was because i had my vents closed. Silly thing to do, but perhaps the simplest could be best. Just a thought, i don't want to question your ability. ;)

·
M16S VW & VW53HRB
512 Posts
Sounds very much like the little metal connector has gone the wrong side of the metal contact strip. You haven't changed the bulb, by any chance, have you?

I changed the bulb on my Bug and when I pulled the dial out, the contact came out of place. Easy enough to fix. You have to take the radio out, unscrew a couple of screws in the dash, pop the contact back into place, and hey presto - working fan! There's a how to on here somewhere, lemme see if I can find it for you.

*Lucy*

·
Registered
48 Posts
Deserion said:
Any other systems die? Signals, wipers, horn, headlights...?

-Des
if all those went with the heater what could it be ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts