VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2004 convertable GLS 2.0 BGD
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should have but didn't take pics before hand. I have a 2004 with a bgd motor in it. I just swapped motors and have looked on line in my book, through this forum, for any pictures that show how exactly my hoses are supposed to run.
Please anyone with that motor could you upload a pic of how you have yours running?
I have already filled the new motor with water once.
Does one of the coolant hoses really go from the reservoir tank to the top of the throttle body?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The debate is first whether or not I have the throttle body on correctly. If I do then I think I have solved my problem. My boyfriend insists that it goes on with the 2 copper fitting pointing up. I say the single brass fitting points up and that is the one the fuel line hooks to.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think he had one of the water lines hooked up to the single line and that is how my motor got filled with water. As long as there is no damage then no foul. But better to get a third opinion before making the same mistake twice.

·
Registered
16,162 Posts
You might take a more "birds eye view" shot with your phone and then, mark up/highlight, the specific hoses, you are needing help with. I don't have the exact same engine code or car but hopefully, others do and can help! Thanks. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I figured it out. Part deduction and partly by taking a gulp and turning the key and low and behold, it was on there right.
So, there are 2 small holes on the throttle body and 2 on the intake where the Throttle body mounts. They need to line up. This puts one brass fitting pointing up and 2 pointing to the heat shield or back. The only one of these brass fittings goes all the way through to dump fluid into the intake so that's the one i hooked up to the fuel line. The back top one i did like the book said and hooked it up to the coolant reservoir. The book only says to hook it to the top. The last one i hooked up going to the trani.
Let me tell you, sometimes guys can be so sure that us girls cant do anything without them it would be nice if they were man enough to admit they were wrong. Only because they werent very supportive nor mature in the debate process not that being wrong is bad. In the end Lil' Bee is feeling and sounding a ton better. She has a good solid completely rebuilt motor in her and that awesome bug sound is back. I hope this helps anyone else with their issues.

·
Registered
16,162 Posts
Good work; glad you figured it out. What ended up being the story; on rebuilding your motor or did we discuss this already? Finishing, a long term repair project; is always great and a relief, when things finally work out, your back on the road! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts