NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 406 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Iggy...2001 Cyber Green 1.8T

Well, you guys asked for pictures and I finally got some taken. So without further adu...I present...Iggy-she is a 2001 Cyber Green 1.8T:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And a few more...The flowers in the center of her rims are what she came with. I found some chrome centers on e-bay and just got them today so I put them on and gave her a full detail :)

The lizard was just hanging out when I was taking a before pic of her old center caps...lol

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are a couple of interior shots...please pardon the dust, I hadn't cleaned the inside yet :).

I also changed out her old, droopy, dryrotted, cracked up antennae for a like new one that I found at a local U-pull-it place. She looks so much better now. The droopy antennae made her look so sad. Now she looks happy again.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The silver Nissan is my hubby's car (and that's him behind it).

Iggy is pretty much pure stock except for the chrome center caps on her rims and a Hello Kitty thrown in here and there. If I ever get up the nerve to try it, I want to paint a few pieces:

Calipers-pink (all this pink is hot pink, not light pink)
Center dash and trim pieces-green
Interior door pulls-pink
Door inserts-green
Engine cover-green
All other caps in engine bay-pink

I'd also like to add some neon lights on the inside and outside. Not sure what colors though. I'd love pink, but I'm afraid it might be too light a color to really show.

I would really love to paint the speedo surround white, add some Hello Kitty ears with a red bow, and get someone to make me a white speedo face with Hello Kitty's face on it; but that would be one major project, so doubt that will happen in the near future...lol

We'll see if I ever get up the nerve...:scared:

This is all I have right now. If I do make any changes, I'll post new pix.

·
Super Moderator
14,784 Posts
I love your New Beetle! Thanks for all of the pics! :party:

More pics, please! :D

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love your New Beetle! Thanks for all of the pics! :party:

More pics, please! :D
Noooooo...thank you for giving me a place to put them :).

·
All this & I can cook too
482 Posts
Wow! I am stunned at how clean your Bug is :) Great Beetle! Perfect for East Coast road trips on A1A :)

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow! I am stunned at how clean your Bug is :) :)
Believe it or not, that is exactly how I got her from the lot (only thing I changed were the center caps on the rims, they were the flower ones you see on the first pic).

I lucked out big time. I found the original owner on facebook. She said she special ordered Iggy so she could have a black interior instead of the tan you usually find in a Cyber Green (which I told her would have been my choice too). She actually ordered exactly what I would have, except maybe for the rims...I really want a set of take 5s (think that's what they are called) with green inserts for her.

Of course, while I'm dreaming, I would have ordered a Cyber Green Turbo S or CC (whichever was available) with the green interior instead of the grey and a set of smoothies on her...lol.

Anyway, she took great care of Iggy while she had her and it shows. Interior looks like new (except the usual probs with the door panels which were kind of half-ass recovered by the dealer and some dry rotting plastic pieces that seems to also be the norm for the bugs).

Mechanically she is sound. She was in a front end collision about a year before she was traded in by the PO; but all the repair work was done so well you almost wouldn't know it. The hood line is a little farther from the front window on the drivers side, and the drivers side headlight looks brand new while the pass side headlight needs "cataract surgery" due to a slight yellowing/frosting. Everything else is pristine. (I noticed a scuff on the front beside the front grill when I was loading these pics, but idk if that was there already or if that was me, because the first time I parked I heard the front scrape the cement stop :eek:).

Only problems I really have had is that 1) the rear defroster doesn't work-hoping it is just the switch and not that the wires got bungled when the dealer redid the headliner, 2) the droopy antenna-which I have already replaced for less than $2, and 3) She has no shelf for the hatch so I need to find one of those (not sure what you call it but it covers the "trunk" area for privacy I guess). Also, one of the dryrotted plastic pieces is the sunroof cover's hand grab. It keeps getting caught on the headliner and breaking off more and more whenever I open the sunroof (the hand grab is broken, not the headliner) so I would like to find a new one of those too just to save my passengers from the rain of plastic whenever I open the sunroof cover...lol.

Best thing of all is...I have absolutely NO idiot lights on at all. The airbag light came on briefly right after I got her, but hasn't been back on since my mechanic interrogated and reset it over a month ago(code was something about low power and something about the passenger seat belt retract).

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I have a few days off and I talked to my mechanic today. Think I might try painting Iggy's calipers or at least her grill while I'm off (holiday preparations permitting).

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I have a few days off and I talked to my mechanic today. Think I might try painting Iggy's calipers or at least her grill while I'm off (holiday preparations permitting).
Well, holiday preps did not permit; but I did get to stop by the shop and my mechanic is willing to give me a hand with the caliper paint job when I have a bit more time off (although he wasn't fond of the color choice..."PINK??? How about yellow or racing red instead?" lol). Can't wait...

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, today I chose to hang out with my mechanic instead of fighting the black Friday crowd (DH ended up doing that instead, briefly, only because the cats managed to chew through yet another cable on the TV in his mancave and he wanted it replaced right stat now...lol). I managed to make my passenger side window switch stay in the door with use of a drill and some tiny screws (I'm sure a lot of you know what the before picture of that looks like, haven't taken an after shot yet). Hope it holds up.

On another note...after an unplanned purchase last week I managed to answer an age old question and make the salvation army workers laugh out loud yet again when I told them which car they were going to attempt to place my purchase in. If you are curious as to the answer to this particular question, here it is...

How do you fit a fully assembled, full sized lawn mower into a new beetle? :confused: The placement of the lawnmower was all my idea, the salvation army workers placed it in the opposite direction with the handle sticking out the back, but then couldn't figure out where to put the rope to tie the hatch closed. You can only do this if you have nobody else with you because the passenger seat does not have room to sit upright. (fully functional sunroof is a required accessory in this process if you want the mower to sit flat):

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great pics of Iggy!
I am too amazed over how clean Iggy is. Paint looks great. I see no sign of CyberFade.

Keep the pics a comin' kiddo. Looking forward to meeting Team Iggy for JBR in a few weeks.:banana:
TYVM for the compliments. They mean a lot coming from the owner of Cup, she's such a great looking bug. I also want to thank everybody else that has left Iggy compliments...more great looking beetle owners that think mine is worthy of praise. Rosebug is awesome-especially her oval window-epic, BeetleJuice is so cool with his LEDs (I know who I need to talk to now for input on what to do color/light-wise on my Iggy. Have plans, but not sure which way to go with them yet), Cosmos is looking good (and he's wearing the rims that I want for Iggy but Iggy needs them to be cyber green...lol), Dnyed...a super moderator-nuff said (and I so want your self dimming rear view and rain sensing wipers), Lennon is great and I love the color-you have the rims I want with the inserts in the right color too (and the green seats :))...I think that covers everyone so far, I don't want to leave anyone out because you are all awesome in my book.

I should find out tonight if I am off for JBR or not. I sure hope I am...fingers crossed.

She is very clean, isn't she. I'm not sure what I need to do to make her show worthy. Right now she is completely stock and unmolested. I do want to molest the heck outta her though, on the interior/exterior-already posted my list of plans (I would absolutely love to do her seats with the green inserts like Marvin's are; but that is quite an undertaking and I'm afraid I'll do it wrong and just mess her up in trying :(). I figure her engine can remain the same outside of a few color accents.

My mechanic has a guy that sells cars off the shop lot. He said the same about the paint. I know the PO had her repainted at some point, seems to me it was pretty recent. Probably after the front end damage last year. I don't have a garage to park her in so here is hoping the new paint doesn't fade like the VW cyber green does. Guess I should get a good car cover for her; but I know me very well and I am really lazy at heart so I don't know how often I would actually apply said car cover to my baby (besides, nobody would be able to see and admire her cute little self in my driveway if I covered her...lol).

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is Iggy all dressed up for JBR...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just have the top side of the washer fluid cover to go...too dark and too much condensation from the cold to finish tonight. Can't wait until I have another day off so I can install the grill...

1 - 20 of 406 Posts