·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a few shots of the newest toy...

·
Beware-Blonde with Beetle
677 Posts
Beautiful!!!!!!!!!! I've not noticed the 2012's with a black roof-have I been under a rock or is yours a special edition?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Super Moderator
14,774 Posts
Frank, I'm so very happy to see you back in a Bug! :party:

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beautiful!!!!!!!!!! I've not noticed the 2012's with a black roof-have I been under a rock or is yours a special edition?
Actually...the pics with the completely black roof were photoshopped for me to help me decide if I am having it done.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Carbonio stuff finally arrived. Had it installed today.

·
Registered
13,841 Posts
Whoa! Are we going to see a full on customized build thread like you have done with your past New Beetles? Good to hear you back in the VW scene by the way; SO, how are you enjoying your Snap-On tools (I am on Garage Journal as well with the "billymade" user name)! Just a way of reminder; I met you years ago at the Roswell New Beetle show, with your amazing convertible! :)

I would enjoy hearing; about your initial impressions of the "Beetle" and what plans you may have for the future of your new car! :)

·
Beware-Blonde with Beetle
677 Posts
Actually...the pics with the completely black roof were photoshopped for me to help me decide if I am having it done.
Oops! :) I didn't realize that. For the record, I think it's awesome!

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whoa! Are we going to see a full on customized build thread like you have done with your past New Beetles? Good to hear you back in the VW scene by the way; SO, how are you enjoying your Snap-On tools (I am on Garage Journal as well with the "billymade" user name)! Just a way of reminder; I met you years ago at the Roswell New Beetle show, with your amazing convertible! :)

I would enjoy hearing; about your initial impressions of the "Beetle" and what plans you may have for the future of your new car! :)
So far I rally like this new Beetle. I am amazed at the power available from this 2.0 T motor. The extra room inside the car is especially nice for fat guys like me!

I am not really planning to do too much to this car. I will probably add an exhaust soon...but that will be about all except for little things here and there. I am mainly still a BMW guy these days, but I just had to have one of these to zip around in. I'll try to post up any mods I do here.

And...I am loving all my new Snap On tools. I actually have started to use them a little bit... LOL!

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oops! :) I didn't realize that. For the record, I think it's awesome!

Yea. I think I am going to do it soon. I just hate having to leave the car at a body shop for a few days.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice looking 2012. I like the big tv on the wall too.
Thanks. The ceiling camera feeds that TV which helps me to line up on the lift without the help of anyone else.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quick update on the new Carbonia parts...DEFINITE improvement in sound and power! This car is really pretty damn quick!

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Love your car!! Do you mind me asking where you bought your seat covers? I might be interested in something like that when my new Beetle comes in. :)

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't think I've ever seen a cleaner garage!
Thank you. There is a video that shows the whole thing if you want to waste a few minutes of your time.

·
First Car! Emil!
129 Posts
You should totally black out the roof! It'll look great :) :goodjob:

I'm envious of your clean garage..I have to be cautious to fit 5 cars into an over cramped
4-car garage.

·
Above average
528 Posts
Sweet ride - have you 'smoked' the light by yourself ? I like it

·
Everett Street in May
3,207 Posts
Nice start to the build thread!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts