NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
only knocked the tire off the wheel(which just needed re-set and aired up), but was in 1.5ft of water and needed pulled out. I did not open my doors while my dinky dog and i waited for a tow truck to get us out, but may need a new plug for the rear driver's footwell to be plugged.

the front end is out of alignment, but the shop couldn't get it fixed in my parent's town in Missouri, said i needed a body shop.

but everything else is perfect save the bug guts all over my front end from interstate driving. still getting 26mpg even with alignment issue on the trip back home. was surprised that when i skidded off the road it held down and didn't flip (70mph)

VERY durable car!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
My daughter was driving the 2003 GLX Vert when she was on a long sweeping curve with bumper to bumper traffic coming the other way, when she looked up and a fire truck was coming head on in her lane the wrong way. My daughter panicked and drove off on the the shoulder, that was not really a shoulder hit a big dirt mound that bend the lower engine cover up a bit, but no real damage.

I pulled the metal lower engine cover off, tossed it in the driveway upside down and drove my GMC truck over it to straighten it out.

All was well, until she hit the POTHOLE!!

We was able to recover from that as well, but took quite a few parts.

See this - http://newbeetle.org/forums/1-8-liter-turbo/61024-bad-day-nobody-hurt.html

If your alignment is out, I would suspect a bent lower control arm? Maybe a bent tie rod? The lower control arms are designed to bend easily. They are the same for the left and right side so they should be flat, easy to compare side to side.

Good luck.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took it to a body shop today, they said it needs a Boam Mount Bushing (6R0 501 541A), where is an inexpensive place to find one? Anyone parting out a beetle that has this part?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts