NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, im a VW enthusiast, had other older VW'S before but i got
this one for me and my gf and i never though i will like so much, but i do.
Great car!, The turbo s engine its great, perfect power for the car and i hope
to keep it in good shape for the most part.
Any suggestions and opinions about the Turbo S are welcome and i will be around this
forum often for sure.
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Welcome, we have many opinions for you. How many miles on it? What services had the Previous Owner (PO) don for it? Get us started and well keep going all day!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
The 6-speed Turbo S is so much fun, it should be illegal! :D

·
All this & I can cook too
482 Posts
That is one sexy machine you have there! As far as longevity - my contribution to the conversation is simple; Timing belt, timing belt, timing belt!

Now buy some LED's and light that sucker up! :)

·
Don't call me pumpkin...
221 Posts
Very nice TS! I was the same way. We got a Snap Orange Color Concept, and a week later my Wife decides she'll never learn to drive stick well. Now it's mine, and I love it to death.

As far as suggestions, make sure the timing belt on that 1.8t is in order. And have fun with it! Don't make those Mustang GTs out there feel TOO pathetic. ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the comments!.
Car has 87.000 miles. Runs great, is in pretty good shape.
I have the carfax history and apparently all the services had been done on a VW Dealer up to november or december i think of last year.
I bought the car from a guy that said bough it from vw dealer auction.
Only problem is that Third brake light doesn't work, but the side lights work, so i guess is not the switch.
This seems to be a comun problem i read. I have to find a new one an install it.
Besides that, the typical broken glove box that doesnt close because the taps or plastic things that close the door seems to be broken or missing. Any solution for this besides getting a new one??(that is not cheap!) so i will have to find used,
And the radio face its missing, seems like it got lost at some point. But the rest of the radio is there, so i will have to find a new face(Kenwood) and see if it works so i dont have to replace the whole unit.
Plus the typical fade it VW logo on the front and rear. Any solutions to this too?

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts