NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had tdi Golfs, a Jetta, and my wife just got a 2011 TDI Jetta. I picked up this mint 2006 TDI Beetle the other day and fell in love. I was looking at the 2012 Beetles but I think I like my 06 better. I just lowered it 2 inches which made it way cool for me. Next may be some 19" wheels? I kinda like the factory 17's though? What do ya'll think? I always thought these were girl cars but once I drove one I had to get one. Should have bought one years ago.

Attachments

·
Let The Good Times Roll
65 Posts
Wow what a great find! I had my NB lowered too and it really does make quite a difference. As for the rims, I totally understand what you're talking about. I love my rims but sometimes I know that some Foose or Centerline rims would look awesome on my NB. But I'm sticking to my stock rims. As for the "girl car theory" well as you found out, it takes getting behind the wheel of an NB to know the truth. It's urber cool!
Congratulations and welcome to the org!

Let The Good Times Roll,
VW BEATL

·
Old & New Beetles
2,244 Posts
Hi!

Welcome to the New Beetle family :)

TDI Beetle is really a cool car to drive; very economical and fun! Yeah, NB is not a car for Ladies only ;) Tough guys can drive what car they like :D:p

I like your rims; 17" are big enough and cool looking IMO.

Greetings from Finland.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
springs

Nice stance! Did you do it yourself, or where did you have it done? What brand of springs were used? How's the ride quality now? Any stiffer?
I ordered the Nuespeed race springs ($229 shipped on ebay) which are 2 inches lower. Yes they are stiffer and it does ride a bit rougher. It is smoother today than yesterday, I think the springs need a couple of weeks to settle. My Buddy at B&B automotive in Brenham Texas did it. The rear is simple, I just didn't want to tackle the front. I don't have a spring compressor which is required. I may go to a shock with more rebound in the rear. It gets a little bounce in the back if you hit a big bump. It may get better when the springs get some time on them.

·
Wanna Walnetto young lady
178 Posts
Nice Beetle. I had thought about some larger rims, maybe 18", but decided against it due to the roads around here. I see a lot of bent rims from the pot holes.:( I'll stick with the 17" wheels. Those Audi reps are cool though.:)

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
If I change wheels I am going with these 19" audi reps.
I love those audi wheels on a beetle. I have no idea why.. they look even better on a lowered beetle.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lowered 19's finally got the stance right...

Well I just bought this 06 tdi beetle a few weeks ago. I put 19's on it and Neuspeed 2 inch lower springs. I was not happy with the stance. Today I cut a full coil off the front springs and now I love the look. Just got my factory style wing in today so it will be on tomorrow. Went with 19x8 wheels, 45mm offset and 225 35 19's. It is perfect and does not rub at all:)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts