NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after about a month of researching I finally pulled the trigger.

Now what to do with this thing :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Drive it, clean it and repeat!

Great looking car!

A warm welcome to the greatest Beetle ORG on the web. We love photos, so, I hope you'll share more of yours!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Drive it, clean it and repeat!

Great looking car!

A warm welcome to the greatest Beetle ORG on the web. We love photos, so, I hope you'll share more of yours!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Thanks, this is actually my first VW and I lurked here for quite a while before I decided to pull the trigger. Sadly, there are few forums dedicated to these cars.

Enjoy and let the modding begin:bigthumb:
Thanks, I think the first to go is those rims. Second is probably a set of eibachs (had a pair on my 240sx, nice springs) and possibly an APR k04 tuning kit as I have 5 years to decide how to smog that beast :D

One thing that I really noticed was the stuttering that DSG displays at a slow rolling stop. I'm wondering if there's an update to the firmware(right word?)for the clutch computer to resolve that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Awesome!! another Fender Edition. . I have a 2.5 version! I already lowered mine on H&R's. I want to get new rims too, the ones that came on the car are somewhat desireable to other VW owners. I had a guy wanting mine, but I cant sell now cause I cant buy new ones yet.. My dealership had anoter 2.5 and a TB Fender ed last time I was there. I haven't seen many of them. Congrats!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Nice! I am planning the lowering of my 2012 as well. Only a month old and already wanting to mod. Looks like you are in the same boat. Keep us updated on what you do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome!! another Fender Edition. . I have a 2.5 version! I already lowered mine on H&R's. I want to get new rims too, the ones that came on the car are somewhat desireable to other VW owners. I had a guy wanting mine, but I cant sell now cause I cant buy new ones yet.. My dealership had anoter 2.5 and a TB Fender ed last time I was there. I haven't seen many of them. Congrats!
Thanks, I'm not sure the premium they want for these things is worth it. Looks a bit classy with those disc rims but I prefer something a little more aggressive.
The only reason I picked this up over sun/sound package was the price.
Plus, you know, awesome fender badge. :cool:

I'll leave the rims on there for now and put some 35% tint on it and see how that looks.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I really like the rims! One of the service guys at my local dealer took a set of them and put them on his slammed red jetta Looks so good!

I would just lower it

·
Super Moderator
14,783 Posts
Those are my favorite wheels on the new Beetle. :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thought I'd update with the window tint I did a few weeks ago. Wish I did something a little darker on the front, but I don't need to draw more attention to myself than I already get :)

Now to lower it 1-1.5 inches.

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
Thanks, this is actually my first VW and I lurked here for quite a while before I decided to pull the trigger. Sadly, there are few forums dedicated to these cars.
We're kind of your one-stop-shop for all things Beetle. we like it that way... keep things nice and tidy as well as keeping us as one big family:)

Mighty glad that you found us- welcome to the org. your beetle looks very sweet as it sits. no doubt it will only look sweeter as the mods get underway.

Now get out and drive that thing- enjoy. and don't forget your camera. we love tons of pics. :D

·
Registered
14,052 Posts
You might try the beetle forum; over at vwvortex, there is allot more tech info and mod info as well. This site is good but it has its limitations, for the "new" beetle... there seems to be less activity here then at vwortex. I learned allot about the current models; from reading the threads over there.

The Beetle

·
Registered
54 Posts
Those are my favorite wheels on the new Beetle. :(
Totally agree! I am going to see if the dealer would consider a swap as they are not available on the TDI ...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thought I'd update with the window tint I did a few weeks ago. Wish I did something a little darker on the front, but I don't need to draw more attention to myself than I already get :)

Now to lower it 1-1.5 inches.
Looks great!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts