VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was driving just fine earlier in the day yesterday and then I came home to park and get ready for work. I went inside and changed, came out ready to leave about a half hour later and it wouldn't start :confused:... I took a video of what happens when I try to start it. The first time I tried to rev it to see what would happen and I can still do that fine but it won't stay up. Any suggestions or advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

BTW its a 5-Speed Manual :)

2000 New Beetle 1.8T won't start - YouTube

·
5/23/10 <3
11,500 Posts
That light at the the top that's flashing is your immobilizer light. I bet it was triggered somehow. Do you have another key you could try?

·
5/23/10 <3
11,500 Posts
I'm not a sir, but no problem :p

·
Super Moderator
14,850 Posts
Haha! Everyone thinks I'm a guy too...... :lol:

So, does the main key have a problem?

·
5/23/10 <3
11,500 Posts
It may need to be re-matched with the car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well my old flip key was pretty beat up so I had ordered a new fob online. When it got here I switched out the key blades and I had to tap the original blade into the new fob with a hammer. My guess is that I probably put it in incorrectly or that I messed up the blade while tapping it in.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,500 Posts
So you never got your new fob matched to the car? That's the problem. The immobilizer chip is in the fob, not the blade of the key. You need to go to the dealer and get it matched.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I switched out the circuit boards in the key fobs you think it's still the problem? If so what should I ask the dealer to do so I can fix this?

·
5/23/10 <3
11,500 Posts
Tell them you need to fob matched to the car.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,500 Posts
I think it varies from dealer to dealer. I would call them and ask them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts