NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
20V GTRS
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I woke up this morning to find the DHL person wanting to drop off a huge box, it was my SF bumper. Now I can finally get to work on my FMIC project. I got my FMIC about a month ago and was finally able to order the bumper. I am going to have the FMIC endtanks redone to have the inlet and outlet on the same side for easier piping. I got lucky enough that my dad is going to pay to have the bumper painted as a Christmas gift. :D

Attachments

·
Feel the Power!
302 Posts
:banana:

·
Sloooooooow Down!!!!
899 Posts
thanks for link

really like it-what about quality-does it have grill covering

looked at rear bumper-dont know about it

keep us posted would like to know how it fits

·
20V GTRS
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Red Rider said:
thanks for link

really like it-what about quality-does it have grill covering

looked at rear bumper-dont know about it

keep us posted would like to know how it fits
It does come with metal mess pices to fit the openings. It is going to take soem work to get it to fit right and line up but then again that is normal with any aftermarket kits. I am probalby goign to paint the mesh black and do some research on how I am going to do the front blinkers. I am thinking of getting some 06 blinkers and some body shop help.

I am also looking at getting the SF rear skirt later on and custom piping for duals, hopefuly by next christmas. If I do I will have it blended in so it does not look so much like a stick-on to the bottom of the bumper and enlarge the exghaust openings so it would better match the Cup Kit. My roommate has pics of one of the actual Cup cars (silver) so I am going to be using those as references.

I go a lot of work ahead and if everythign goes well it will pay off in the end. :cool:

·
OG Stalker
1,332 Posts
congrats on the new bumper. If you are looking for a simple turn signal fix, i have some rear clear markers that I modified the backs to accept the 1157 dual filament bulbs. I no longer have my cup front so If your interested in them shoot me an email.

here is a pic with them in mounted to the mesh in the corner...

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Very nice tomato you have there.I wish I could get nice ground effects but I'd never get in my driveway:cry: :crying: Oh well, at least I can look at nice ones here on the org.

·
Above average
510 Posts
I wish I could get this bumper here in Germany but they didn't sell it here. The only chance to get one of this is via England distributors. And they are asking for 600 USD incl. s&h. They are :runnethov

1 - 18 of 18 Posts