NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right this is my car as of now...thought i'd share.
this is the most simple mod i've done...used the designs for the mini cooper S bonnet stripes and decided to adapt them-

here is my interior...

i am honestly so happy with the finished result, well apart from the door cards being fitted. it is the same leather that you'll find in Lambo's, BMW's, Audi's, etc, anything VAG as it came from the same supllier's :) it is what is called the sports pack kit, hence the extra feature shapes, material, and top stitching. the stitching is balck and the seats are the same colour that you'll find in a TT (quite close to the RSI as well) it is 100% leather, no vinyl found in there whatsoever, even when you put your hands down the back of the back pockets you can feel the suede feel. The centre is perforated (vented) and applied over my standard cloth, keeps the leather really warm and even in the early mornings i can go in my car and it is toasty warm.
hope you like it.

Door cards and handles will be in in two weeks time as he needed a template and the red mats will be in too.

can post these kits to the states too :) obviously the fitting would have to be sorted out.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
So you just had your cloth seats re-covered? Wow! :bigthumb:

I'm lovin' that color! No drowsy driving in your future! :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep, it’s a kit form so goes straight over, then they re-trim and fit to the underneath so the airbags etc still work…
really pleased with it…just waiting for confirmation of when my door cards will come…more pics soon.
dnyed said:
So you just had your cloth seats re-covered? Wow! :bigthumb:

I'm lovin' that color! No drowsy driving in your future! :D

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
Those look awesome! What color are they? Are they a bright red or orange? I like how you have the NB symbol stitched in them also!! :goodjob:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is bright red, the red you’ll see in Audi TT’s :) it is slightly orangy though
The supplier supplies the leather to Lamborghini, BMW, Audi etc…it’s a firm in Italy-quality leather all through.
CyberGreenBaby said:
Those look awesome! What color are they? Are they a bright red or orange? I like how you have the NB symbol stitched in them also!! :goodjob:

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Those are beautiful! If you have a link to the supplier, please post it. This looks like Dream Red Oregon that BMW uses in the Z4. I would love a set of seats for my Z4.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you so much for your kind remarks....unfortunatly i cannot supply the link to the supplier as it's oart of a trade contact with my uncles business....although a websight will be uploaded soon where you can order whatever you what, the style, the colour etc...

for the kit you're looking at roughly £1,100 (GBP) all in. this is for the sports kit, as they call it....it has the perforated centre's (vented) and the luxery soft leather as well as the extra shapes, styles, stitches and patchworked in there. it is very flexible with material, colour of stictching, piping etc.....top piece of kit.

thanks again.

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
the interior is definately snazzy, a bit too birght for my taste, but hey, it's almost a perfect match to the RSi.

so to my real comment that seems ot be overlooked, what kind of tail lights do you have? are those the all-reds from bugsgogo?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hehe, yeah it is bright…looks awesome parked in a car park though under the spot lights…
The rear lights are a one-off…they started life as Lexus-Lights and I had the insides taken out, so I have the chrome still in but no bulbs etc….the normal bulbs were added (off the normal spec beetle) and I had the lens taken out and dipped in red paint….the outcome is these, they work really well and shine the same and with blue indicator bulbs they look purple :)
Toad said:
the interior is definately snazzy, a bit too birght for my taste, but hey, it's almost a perfect match to the RSi.

so to my real comment that seems ot be overlooked, what kind of tail lights do you have? are those the all-reds from bugsgogo?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts