NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Picked this one out as it didn't have the sport pack (more money, not more car) and did not have the sunroof (I don't like em).

I had thought about white for the exterior but the Mountain Grey metallic was too nice looking in person to deny.

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
That's nice....but what about....the Bug? :anon:

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's nice....but what about....the Bug? :anon:
The Bug is waiting for warmer weather to replace the front brake calipers and do other work. One of the things I want to do with the bug is take apart the interior again and install heavier sound insulation throughout the cabin. That's the one thing about the Bug that started to really drive me batty, listening to the road noise coming through, the louder TDI engine, and then random squeaking from nearly every interior panel.

I expect I'll actually own and drive the Bug long after the Merc is sold and a new vehicle purchased in its place.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those look nice. Do they make a convertible in that model?
Not yet, it's a brand new model line for Mercedes intended to compete against the BMW 1 or 2 series, the upcoming Audi A3, and then also against vehicles like the Beetle GSR which is very similar in specs and price but come from a build upwards of a regular manufacturer vehicle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts