NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband got me a 67 volkswagen beetle... that looks like a bug :)

I'm pretty excited. I don't know how to drive a stick though :eek: He thinks he's going to teach me (maybe not:p)

I'm so excited.

He, Francis the beetle, came with his own website!

Orignal auction site for Francis

He was from a guy originally named David Bombright who is apparently pretty well known in the type one world.

Francis is signed by many of the pixar folks and by Phyllis Dillar.

What insurance recommendations do you guys have?

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Fun looking car, congratulations. As for learning to drive, old Beetles are probably one if the easiest cars to learn how to drive a stick in.

For insurance, if you are not going to use this car as a daily driver google collector car insurance. There are a number of sources. Personally I use Chubb Collector Car Insurance [http://www.chubbcollectorcar.com]. They are a direct carrier [no a broker like Grundy or Hagerty. Better rates and Better service.

If you need any help, feel free to e-mail me. I've owned several and am currently the president of a local club as well as a regional representative of the Vintage Volkswagen Club of America.

-jeffrey

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a small lesson the last time we took Francis out. It was nerve wracking to say the least :confused:

I think I don't like clutches that much.

I thought Haggerty was a direct writer? Chubb is a great company and thanks for reminding me. That's one place I didn't check. Do you know if they do agreed value policies or if they do stated value policies?

Chubb might be better as they do other sorts of insurance and it might be that I can get the headliner insured with an endorsement. I have a feeling it's going to be worth as much as the car eventually.

I hear tell John Lassetter is considered to be the new Walt Disney.

I also found that this car was driven to the premiere of a "A Bugs Life" which is pretty awesome.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fun looking car, congratulations. As for learning to drive, old Beetles are probably one if the easiest cars to learn how to drive a stick in.

For insurance, if you are not going to use this car as a daily driver google collector car insurance. There are a number of sources. Personally I use Chubb Collector Car Insurance [http://www.chubbcollectorcar.com]. They are a direct carrier [no a broker like Grundy or Hagerty. Better rates and Better service.

If you need any help, feel free to e-mail me. I've owned several and am currently the president of a local club as well as a regional representative of the Vintage Volkswagen Club of America.

-jeffrey

Actually I did call Chubb and they only use brokers and dont do it directly. I was very disappointed to learn the lady in my area had no idea they even wrote this type of policy.

I got a policy from Safeco but I have to change it. Once I read the policy after it arrived in the mail it says only up to 1k in paint customizations. :rolleyes: I don't think that's going to work for me.

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
Very....very......awesome!!!!! :party:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts