·
Super Moderator
14,834 Posts
.....beautiful...... :bowdown:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Like the color!!!!!

Does that radio have Navagation, Fender Sound System???
My color is called Yellow Rush/Black, yours called the same??

ENJOY............I had a 2003 Convertible for 8 1/2 years.

:thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup:

·
Beetle Minion
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nope, no Nav or Fender. I think it is called Yellow Rush in 2013. I found it in a Mini Cooper dealership, and I fell in love with it at first site not even knowing the options. I've since learned its a 2.5L with Tech, and someone must have chosen those wheels as an option I think. I'm probably putting a DNX571HD head unit which comes with Garmin nav, of which I'm a big fan. I'm looking into putting some fog lights and the auto light mod from USP Motorsports.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Turbo Wheels

Nope, no Nav or Fender. I think it is called Yellow Rush in 2013. I found it in a Mini Cooper dealership, and I fell in love with it at first site not even knowing the options. I've since learned its a 2.5L with Tech, and someone must have chosen those wheels as an option I think. I'm probably putting a DNX571HD head unit which comes with Garmin nav, of which I'm a big fan. I'm looking into putting some fog lights and the auto light mod from USP Motorsports.
The wheels are from a Turbo model, either hardtop or convertible, The VW RNS-315 would fit right in, has Nav.

·
Beetle Minion
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I take it one could order those wheels as an option on a non-Turbo model? I was hoping for the more classic look but these are growing on me... :)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Wheels

So I take it one could order those wheels as an option on a non-Turbo model? I was hoping for the more classic look but these are growing on me... :)
Not sure if they are an option, you have to check VW.COM and build a Convertible and see if they are available for that model, most of the new 2014 now come with the 1.8 Turbo, they are no longer using the 2.5 5 cylinder engine.

·
Beetle Minion
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The 2.5L is still an option for 2014 at VW.com, but I couldn't find a spot to choose wheels. No biggie. They are what they are and either I will like them or I will like them. :) Not planning on swapping them out. Was just curious. I'm very happy with the whole package.

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
looks good. hope to see ya at a national event sometime.

-jd

·
Registered
54 Posts
CONGRATS!!! And welcome to the Convertible Club! :)

Those 18" Twister alloy wheels you have were never an option nor available on non-turbo Beetles. They were standard on the 2.0 Turbo and R-line Beetles. The previous owner had to have swapped them out or bought them (like I did) as "take-offs" and installed them. The TDI Convertibles, like mine, only come with the 17" Rotor alloys with no 18" option, so I bought a set of wheels and tires cheap from a dealer thru eBay. I love them!

Your model would have come with either the 17" "Heritage Wheels" or the 18" "Disc Wheels".

·
Beetle Minion
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for that insight! I really like the way they look now so I guess I lucked out!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts