NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Where are you SnapDragon?
2003 New Beetle Turbo S
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many years away I am back in the family with my new 03 turbo s. I picked her up across state and as I got to know her on the drive home it was so amazing the difference it was to be back behind the wheel. I also noticed some unique changes that have been made and started a shopping list of what I want to do to make her my own. I can't wait to get it all done!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,769 Posts
That looks like Sharona!

·
2003 New Beetle Turbo S
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I got her in Shelton has a couple unusual features thats makes her destinctive. The take 5's are the most obvious, then there's the phatbox in the trunk, kenwood head unit, and somewhat disappointingly a non turbo s steering wheel. edit after looking through Sharona's thread I think your right, which is funny cause I told the dealer I got it from that I may have know the previous owner lol

·
Want to do a drive.
1,798 Posts
Looks like it. The girl who got it from me is in Shelton.

·
Want to do a drive.
1,798 Posts
I got her in Shelton has a couple unusual features thats makes her destinctive. The take 5's are the most obvious, then there's the phatbox in the trunk, kenwood head unit, and somewhat disappointingly a non turbo s steering wheel. edit after looking through Sharona's thread I think your right, which is funny cause I told the dealer I got it from that I may have know the previous owner lol
They must have kept the wheel because it was on when I sold it.

·
Want to do a drive.
1,798 Posts
The phatbox stopped working.

·
Want to do a drive.
1,798 Posts
When I sold it it had just had a new clutch and suspension (Bilstien) Slightly lowered.

·
Want to do a drive.
1,798 Posts
I Do miss it.
IMG_0013.JPG

·
2003 New Beetle Turbo S
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah there's a few minor things that are either not working or not hooked up but I'm making a list. The main thing was getting her, now it's just taking care of her

·
2003 New Beetle Turbo S
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One of the guys at maverick added some party lights for me on my stop before work tonight

·
2003 New Beetle Turbo S
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To do list:
Fix idle surging - possible mass airflow sensor, or dirty get valve

Window washer tube - patched will need replaced

Etc light - no idea button does nothing will

Driver door lock - seems to be pretty fubar wont lock with remote, wont set off alarm when door opens, wont roll down windows when key is held in unlock

Gas flap - release wont latch pin seems to be missing gas cap tie also broken

Steering wheel - needs turbo s wheel back

Automatic spoiler - not working

Butt warmers - not working

Custom interior leather - replace the worn out stuff and make it like a cc with the new color

Audi tt vent mod - cause aluminium looks sharp

Black interior swap - delete light grey

Chip it - if it hasn't been done already

Paint or wrap - the paint on it looks so good I'm rethinking doing a paint job so maybe a wrap but since thats last theres plenty of time to think color vw bottle green LA6J/8V or similar

More to come as I remember and find any deeper issues

·
Super Moderator
14,769 Posts
I'm just glad that Mutato's Turbo S is back in the Org family. I got a ride in it, so if you find my DNA, you'll know why.

·
2003 New Beetle Turbo S
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the little mom and pop dealer I got it from didn't detail it at all so that's very possible theres still some there Lol. I should add a deep clean to the list

·
2003 New Beetle Turbo S
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got a pic with a beetle friend at maverik before work tonight. Parking next to another beetle made me realize she's definitely lowered so another confirmation that I picked up the fabled Sharona.

·
2003 New Beetle Turbo S
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just got her back from the bug doctors yesterday for a couple minor things, with a few more things to fix as my money refills. One thing I thought was interesting was the check engine light came on and he asked if I was running poor quality gas. Ive always put premium in the tank but the last fill up was at 76 and I remember in my last beetle the one time I got gas at 76 it also threw a check light so I'm thinking I need to avoid 76 and stick to chevron. Other than that I got new front breaks and rotors and a new CV on the drivers side.

·
2003 New Beetle Turbo S
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I should have wrote them down there were a few one was for the steering wheel off of center which isn't surprising and the other was I want to say fuel mix? If they come up again I'll be sure to grab them

·
Above average
528 Posts
Don't give up. Every New Beetle (especially Turbo S) is worth to rescue

1 - 20 of 22 Posts